chapter 15

Mattheo's POV:

It was a mistake.

A big mistake.

How could I betray myself like this? I hate her and she hates me but why do we do the things that we do? She's not even special. What about her makes her so tempting?

Nothing.

She is just a regular girl.  Others are even prettier than her, but I'm still stuck. She's not even special.

Y/n's POV:

It was now the next day and I regret what happened between me and Mattheo. The words from Cho raced through my head all morning.

"I feel like Samuel is worse"

"Think he's taken an interest in you"

"Try the entire time"

I shook my head and continued walking to potions. I soon came to a halt when I saw Samuel leaning against the wall, looking over a text book.

I turned away, and tried walking away without being noticed. I haven't spoken or looked at him once today, why should I?

"I already saw you," I hear him say.

I paused;

"Well I don't want to see you" I said flatly before continuing to walk away.

"Regret something?" Samuel asked.

I immediately stopped walking in panic. Does he know?

I got a grip of myself and turned around to face him;

"Regret what?" I asked. Trying to come off as if I don't know what he's talking about, just in case he doesn't know.

He leaned his head back onto the wall, still remaining eye contact;

"Don't act dumb" He said.

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about" I lied.

He rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the wall, then walked to me.

As he stood before me, my heart began to race in panic. He studied my eyes for a moment before he spoke again;

"You know what I'm talking about" He said slowly.

I refuse to admit anything to him.

"No I don't" I said.

He turned his head slightly.

Then the room began to spin fast. My mind rushed with flashbacks from last night. It was all too much, I began to grow dizzy. Seconds later I blinked a couple of times and everything was back to normal. I found myself seated on the floor, I looked up at him slowly.

"You're too easy to read," he said as he put his hands into his pockets.

"I didn't even need to do that to find out the truth," He added.

He adjusted his pants before squating down to my level;

"You tensed up at the question" He said.

"When I could've meant anything when I asked that question," He said.

"But by the way you tensed up and your body froze I knew something happened" He said as he looked at his hands.

He looked back up into my eyes;

"I read body language very well" He said with a small smirk.

Then the energy in the hallway shifted, His smirk faded and he just looked at me with a cold, dangerous stare.