subtle announcement

"and the oscar award for best actor goes to..."

the room fell silent, almost as if everything jolted into slow motion. all eyes were on chris, it was almost inevitable he'd take the win. the crowds were looking and hoping in support, but his palms just kept sweating. you knew he was biting the inside of his cheek, you could see his chest was puffed out from the incredibly deep breath he'd just taken. he kept his hands in yours, getting slightly tighter as the suspense continued. sebastian stan sat the other side of him, keeping a comforting hand on his shoulder.
chris deserved this and desired this so badly. he was a star. no, a supernova. his work through the mcu had landed him in the position, an oscar nominee with an almost definite win. the chances of him losing were minuscule, the competition was weak. of course you were biased but everyone was thinking the same.
the host opened the envelope, deliberately slowly, after a brief smile and a seemingly proud shake of the head, they stepped to the microphone.

"obviously, it's mr chris evans for his outstanding performance in avengers: endgame."

the room instantly drowned in cheers and applause. sebastian stood up, roaring in happiness for his best friend. you stood up to applaud the love of your life, him slowly standing up beside you. he took your lips to his without hesitation, you could feel his joy through his kiss. he hugged you so tightly as sebastian continued patting his back and hugging him in congratulations.
chris then bent down to kiss the ever so slight bump of your stomach. the crowds only continued to celebrate as the realisation of what he'd done had sunk in. he smiled up at you, nothing could bring him down. everything in his life had just come together.
standing up, he made his way to the stage. high fiving different people and hugging others. this was his moment and it was so beautiful that every single person in the room, including the other nominees, recognised that.
you took seb's hand and sat down next to each other to listen to the speech he'd been keeping a secret from the pair of you...