Chapter Ten: Conviction

My faith in people has always been substantial whenever I decide that I am too vulnerable. Based on my feelings, and my weakness, I completely trust them to be there for me and support me in my times of weakness. Though, that silent promise has always been broken no matter what I do to ensure that it is mutual. Broken trust is something that I have dealt with for years.

This does not mean that I am used to it.

When I am given the benefit of the doubt, I become hesitant in trusting again. A false sense of support from the people I bestowed my faith upon had made me paranoid.

So when he showed that I can trust him and show him all of me — the parts that I have learned to despise — it made me realize that the issue was never me.

All the people that have betrayed me, were the ones at fault.

To have someone finally hold the same level of responsibility and faith I have placed in them — in me, it makes me extremely comfortable knowing that no matter what, it will not break.

His trust is the same.

I am allowed to show how powerless I am, and in turn, he supports me. That makes my heart beat faster than it has ever before. Happiness courses through my veins, making every part of me tingle in satisfaction, knowing that he would always be there.

That he too, has faith in me.

Chapter Ten: Conviction

"We're going to be late." Hinata grabbed her hat and a scroll filled with snacks and drinks. She maneuvered around the room, trying to find her sandals.

Sasuke held them up for her as he waited by the door, "by a few minutes. It will be alright."

She nodded in silent thanks as she slipped her shoes on and left with him following behind. They [she] hurried down the stairs of the inn and into the streets as she looked around.

"We don't know what beach we're supposed to be at." She mumbled. Activating her byakūgan, she scanned the village in an attempt to locate wherever Yua was.

Sasuke rolled his eyes and grabbed her wrist, pulling her in the direction of the most secluded beach in the area.

"What if they're not—"

"It's a couple's beach, I'm sure they're there." He let her go, allowing her to walk comfortably instead of stumbling because of his fast pace.

"You've been...? Nevermind. Let's hurry." Hinata jogged ahead, worried that she would upset Yua and Daiyū because they didn't wake up early.

To be fair, they spent the entire night talking, and they only fell asleep as the sun began to rise. Sleeping in was one thing she never did, neither did he, but today, they both ignored the time.

Weaving through the afternoon crowd, the dirt road slowly turned to sand until they could hear the sound of the waves. Hinata perked up and walked faster, excited to finally spend some time at a beach. The trees became scarce as small shrubs replaced them.

Standing on a sandy hill, she watched the waves slowly push whoever was in the water. This was nice, it was beautiful, it took her breath away.

Sasuke watched her, her sundress blowing in the wind as she clenched and unclenched her fists. "Go."

She looked back at him, putting the scroll down and taking off her sandals before she ran down the hill and into the water. Splashing around, her clothes getting soaked and her hat trying to hold on for dear life, Hinata grinned as she watched him set their things down under a tree.