forever together....

I watched him run through the woods, blonde hair racing through trees. I followed him trying to reach him, but my little legs couldn't keep up with his.

"K-kacchan wait up!"

I called out to him. But no matter how many times and how loud I shouted he didn't  stop. Why can't I move faster? I stoped, trying to catch my breath. I watched as he continued to run with his net in his hand. School had just ended for me, so now it's summertime next year ill be in 4th grade. I watched as he disappeared into the trees.

"K-k-kacchan?"

I said my voice quivering. I waited a minute. He usually comes back.  I sat myself down on the nearest tree. I sighed waiting for him usually doesn't take that long. And like it was on que kacchan walked up the the greenete.

"Your so slow your like a girl!"

I dont think girls are necessarily slow pretty maybe but not slow.

" girls aren't S-slow"

He looked at me and then sighed. He walked over to my left side and sat down.

"My mom says she's a girl and she's slow!"

I looked at him and then smiled.

"Well my mommy said that all girls are different. Maybe your mom is slow but mine, mine is a-awesome!"

He looked at me and then sighed. What's the matter? Is it something I said? Or-

"My mommy says that too...but how?"

that's a good question. 

"You know what! My mommy said she had to talk to me about something. But I bet you could come and play cars with me"

He got up and turned towards me. He looks a bit bothered. Maybe even annoyed. He reached his hand out to me.

"Stupid deku.... Promise me that well be buddies forever, and well go on adventures and well stay together forever."

He helped me up and I nodded giving him my toothy grin.

"Of course  kacchan!"

He dragged me out of the woods and to my house without saying a word. That's weird he always talks about himself and how great He is. I wonder if he's embarrassed. Anyways as soon as we got to my house he pushed me towards the door.

"Go along, ask if I can stay the night"

I looked at him a bit surprised. He never likes sleeping at my house. I shrugged and then walked into my house.

"Hey mommy! Im home!"

I watched as she walked in from the kitchen. She looked worried and stressed. I was gonna ask her about it but then she spoke.

"Sweetie izuku baby, we umm- have to um- move to Oregon, mommy got a great job there..we have to leave tomorrow morning."

I stared at her is disbelief. Is she joking? If so, this isn't a funny joke. As much as I wished she was joking I had this wrenching gut feeling that she wasn't.

"What?- what about um kacchan? Is he coming?"

She shook her head... But kacchan is my.... Best friend. I felt tears threaten to spill over my eyes. She walked over to me and hugged me. I eventually backed away. After a minute kacchan slowly walked in. Inko looked heart broken.

"Deku your leaving? But you promised..."

I ran to him and hugged him. He didn't react he just stood there.

"Its not my choice.... Im sorry but I have t-to leave, B-b-but I promise well see each other again."