Chapter 6

A/N- so this chapter is really short sorry but i promise itll be worth it next chapter bc i have a surprise :)

PREVEIW-------I'm cut off by the sound of groaning wood. We look up to see a decent sized tree tumble down over us. I put my hands out and catch the burnt wood, staggering slightly from the sudden pull of gravity. My knees buckle and the tree falls over my waist, pinning me to the ground. I try to push it away while Finn scrapes his hands at the tree, too weak to do too much movement. As I look above me, I see a much bigger tree starting to give away its form. It starts slowly tipping towards me, as if playing with my demise. I look over at Finn, and realize if he doesn't move out of the way, this second tree is going to take the both of us. -----------

Finn looks at the tree slowly falling over above us, and looks at me. He sees the look in my eyes, and realizes what I'm about to tell him. He starts shoving at the tree holding me down, as if silently pleading for it to unleash me.

"Finn, stop. You need to go." He doesn't listen to me and continues to claw at the tree, cutting open his hands in the process. Frustrated, I grab both of his hands and yell, "Finn! You need to go!" He looks at me, tears trimming his eyes once again, and clenches my hands as If his life depends on it.

"No! I just got you, you can't just be taken away from me like that Lucien!" he scream-cries. We hold eye contact, and I hear the tree above me once again. Without a second thought, I reach up to wipe a tear off of his dirtstreaked face. He softens to my touch, and leans slightly into my hand. I wipe the tear with my thumb, but keep my hand there. He closes his eyes, as if to savour the touch.

 He hooks our eyes once again, and I look at the emerald green eyes that pulled me in just this morning. Feeling tears threaten to fall, I push them back, and a sad smile tugs at the side of my mouth. He smiles back at me, his grin weak and helpless. I lean in to kiss his cheek, keeping my lips there for a second too long. I back my head up and retain eye contact. I whisper, "It's ok Finn."

His eyes widen and as he's about to yell, as if he knows what I'm going to do, I lock my feet on his torso and push my legs forward, making sure to do it without harming his already weak body. He tumbles down the small incline and lands in the field.

 The tree's skeleton above me finally gives away, and I look down at Finn. His tear streaked face is looking at me in horror, and I notice that the first responders haven't noticed Finn.

 In a last attempt to catch their attention to Finn, I scream as loud as I can. I scream for my mom. I scream for myself. I scream for the forest burning before me. And, I scream for Finn. 

Then the tree finally descends, landing on my chest and knocking the wind out of me. It hurts like hell, but I keep on screaming. I scream until I can't feel my throat. I'm on the edge of passing out, when I feel it. A small droplet of rain plops on my forehead and cascades down the side of my face. 

Then, the pouring rain smothers the trees, draining out any possible fire. Before I blacked out, I tipped my raincoated face up to see that I got the medics attention and they were helping Finn. Still, he's looking up at me. I lay my head back down, smiling. I whisper in the softest voice, 'we did it Finn' And then I fell into a senseless black hole.

A/N- ;-;

the plot thickens. (just like ur mom lol jkjkkjkjkjkkjkjkjkj kinda)