Chapter 11.

It's Monday, still I feel so energetic and enthusiastic. Otherwise Mondays are...... nevermind. I workout hard as I didn't do it for two days. I stand under the shower head, letting the warm water cascade on me. It's soothing after an intense workout. I quickly get ready and leave home by 8:10. Got to drop Jen at work. Can't miss that. In this busy weekdays, this is the only way we can see each other everyday. I don't know about her but I'll go crazy if I don't see her.

I wait for her outside Wilshire and there she is walking towards me and asusual looking beautiful. I kiss her good morning and we climb in the car. I drop her at her workplace and I head to my industry.

I work, asusual. Attend meetings, create new designs of guns and rifles. Yes, I design all the weapons that are made in this industry. That's how I started my business. From baby steps to such a massive empire. My phone buzzes I check, it's my mother. Huh! I already have a premonition.

"Hi mom," I answer the call.

"Hi dear, how are you?" She sounds happy.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm fine and I heard about you and Jennifer. Oh! I'm so happy for you. But I was expecting You to tell me this,"

There it is. I had the right premonition. Leah spilled the beans.

"Leah told you about this, right?"

"Yes. Anyways I'd like to meet her."

"Mom you already met her," how many times does she wants to see Jen.

"That was different. I met Leah's friend that day and now I want to meet my son's girlfriend. So I was hoping that you'll bring Jennifer home for dinner sometime."

"Okay. I'll ask her and let you know."

"Alright. She's really a wonderful girl. I'm glad you both are together."

"She is wonderful. I got to go now mom. I'll call you later."

"Alright dear."

And I hang up the call. I didn't know my mom likes Jen so much. I would also love to introduce Jen as my girlfriend to my family but, will she agree to come with me? I hope she says yes.

It's 4:45. Time to leave and go for a coffee with Jen. I'll ask her about the dinner at my parents in the cafe. I reach her workplace and wait for her. It's upto 5 but she's still not here. What kept her so long? I still wait for ten more minutes.............and it's 5:10 she's still not here. What is she doing? I take out my phone and call her. She answers quickly. Before she says anything, I first put my question,

"Hey, I'm waiting outside, what's taking you so long," I ask gently.

"Yeah, yeah I'm done. I'm coming."

"Hmm okay," I hang up the call.

In another minute or two, I see her striding out of the building and........oh good.....that prick again. I don't understand why he's always around her? Yeah he's her coworker but still. Keep some distance man. I don't like the way he looks at her and touches her. He definitely wants what's mine. And that's never going to happen. I continue glaring at that prick even when I'm aware that Jen has reached me and is standing in front of me.

"Brendon," Jen calls out my name.

I draw my attention back to her.

"What's wrong?" She frowns.

"Nothing. Let's go," I give her an assuring smile.

We walk hand in hand to the cafe. She talks non-stop on the way about the author she met today. She seems to be fascinated by the author she's talking about, mainly for his work. We take our seats on our everyday table with our coffee. I wait for her to finish her talk so that I can tell her about the dinner. I thought she's a quite and shy girl but shes damn talkative. When she said she can be annoying, she was telling the truth. Her talking can annoy anybody but not me. I love looking at her when she talks, I love hearing her voice and giggles, I love to watch her doing hand movements when she talks. I guess she has come to an end of her talk. She sips her coffee and I start to talk,