4 - The New Girl

*Y/N'S POV*

"Relax, babe. It doesn't really matter if she likes us. This is for Sam."

Bucky rolled his eyes at me in response. "Yeah, 'cause you don't care at all if Sam's new girlfriend doesn't like you."

"Girls can make friendships... difficult. And you know how close Sam and I are. Some women just don't like that. I just don't want it to get complicated for Sam. Or to lose my best friend in the process." I looked at the ground. I was happy Sam finally met someone, but I couldn't control all my worries.

Bucky walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. "You won't lose Sam. You both are a packaged deal, unfortunately." He let out a small laugh. "If I could accept that, this new girl will too."

I leaned into his chest and sighed. "Thank you. Now let's finish getting this place cleaned up. They'll be here soon."

"I still think it's pointless to clean when the kids are just going to destroy it when they get home tomorrow."

"That's true. But won't it be so nice to have a clean house for one night?" I shot him a smile as he wiped down the counters.

*

We heard a knock at the door and I jumped off the couch next to Bucky to open it. "Hey! You must be Crystal. I'm so happy to meet you, Sam's told me so much about you."

A beautiful red head stood in front of me with her stunning green eyes. Worry filled my chest but it released when she finally spoke.

"Oh gosh, I'm staring. I'm sorry. I've been so nervous to meet you because of how much Sam loves you." She smiled at me and I pushed the door open and stood aside so they could walk in.

Bucky stood up and greeted them. "I'm Bucky, it's nice to meet you. Crystal, right?" He held his right hand out and Crystal shook it with hers.

"I read about you when I was a kid. So surreal... I'm sorry, you must hate that. I really am happy to meet you both." She pulled her hand away and leaned against Sam.

"She talks when she gets nervous." Sam chuckled.

"It's more like word vomit, if we're being completely honest."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, I know that all too well. Would you like something to drink?"

"Pepsi, if you have it?"

"Of course." I smiled.

"Wait, doll. I got it. You go sit." Bucky walked over to me and kissed my cheek before pushing me towards Sam and Crystal.

"Thanks, babe."

I sat down on the chair, Sam and Crystal were sitting as close as they could be on the couch. "You two are so cute, you know that?" Crystal spoke to me.

"That's all him, he's the cute one." I smiled back at her. "So you and Sam. He being good to you?" I flashed Sam a joking glare and he rolled his eyes.

Crystal shifted so she was facing me more. "Oh gosh, yes. Honestly, he's so nice in ways I didn't think about. He always holds the door open for me, I never had that before and it's just... it makes my heart flutter every time he does it."

I nodded. "Bucky does that too. It took a while for me to get used to it."

Sam stood up to excuse himself to go to the bathroom and Crystal moved herself closer to me and whispered. "Can I be... forward with you?" I nodded but she hesitated before speaking again.

"I know you two are best friends, Sam warned me you're like, creepy close. I know how much his opinion means to you. And I just want you to know, I don't want to ruin anything. I care about him, so so much. And I hope we can be friends too."

"You have no idea how much that means to me." I reached my hand out to grab hers. "I would love to be friends. I'm just glad to hear you both are happy. He really is one of the best guys."

"Who we talking about?" Bucky walked in and handed us both drinks.

"Sam." I smiled at him.

Bucky scoffed. "Sam's the best guy? You know he got his ass kicked by an ant, right?"