chapter 1. the lost

»»————- ★ ————-««

In the void of nothingness, light cascaded down on Harlow Stark. Her ears picked up a familiar voice calling out to her, "Harlow..." she blinked her eyes multiple times, a flash of red hair welcoming her.

"What are you doing here Harlow? You're not supposed to be here." Natasha Romanoff said. Harlow couldn't believe her eyes, her friend, a second mom, someone who was supposed to be dead was right in front of her.

"Where am I?" Harlow asked her Aunt Nat. Natasha sighed, "Somewhere you shouldn't be in." Harlow was about to say something when she felt it, a sudden surge of energy flowing through her. The same kind of power that she felt when she grabbed the stones.

Natasha's eyes widened, the sight of Harlow slowly fading, "You're not dead." The woman muttered. Harlow moved closer to her, the need to touch her was strong.

"I don't know what this is Aunt Nat, but you have to believe for it to work." The Stark girl said. Natasha furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Believe in what? Harlow what's going on?"

Harlow sighed and looked intently at the woman, "Believe that when you open your eyes again, you'll be back with them. Our family." She said. "That's impossible-" "Not when I still have the power of the stones." Harlow cut her off.

"I don't have much time." The girl said in a rush as she grabbed Natasha's arm, "No. Harlow you have to come back with me." She said but the Stark shook her head, "I don't have that much power left. You have to go back." She said as she squeezed her hand.

"No. No Harlow, listen to me-" "Close your eyes and believe Aunt Nat or everything will go to waste." Harlow cut her off again. Natasha shed a tear and did what she was told. She felt a warm feeling in her chest and then in a beam of light hit her.

Natasha opened her eyes to see a field of trees and grass. She breathed in the air and closed her eyes as she basked in the sunlight. "Nat?" she heard a voice call out.

She turned around, there stood Bucky Barnes shocked to see her standing there. "How-" "I don't know." She cut him off. He couldn't take it anymore, she was there, standing alive, he sprinted to her and pulled her in his arms.

"You're here." He whispered as tears fell from his eyes. "Harlow brought me back." She whispered. Bucky froze at the name, "Harlow?"

»»————- ★ ————-««

Harlow felt the rain hit her skin, the cold feeling making her eyes open. Well that and the sound of an engine nearing her. The headlights blinding her, with the shock of appearing in a random place she didn't get to move.

The vehicle swerved around her as she landed on the ground. Her heart beating fast, she didn't understand where she was or how she ended there.

She looked back at the vehicle, expecting it to be a car but it was blue jeep, that stopped just a few meters away from her. She saw the doors open and she took off. Running into the woods away from the site.

As she took off, the best friends got out of the car. "She just appeared out of nowhere." The pale boy said. The other boy looked around, sniffing around trying to find a scent.

"Did you get a scent? Do you hear-" "Quiet down Stiles!" the boy shushed him. Scott closed his eyes but he lost it. "I lost it." He said. Stiles sighed, "Well whatever she is, she'll come back." Stiles said.

"Why are you wording it like she's something." Scott said. Stiles looked at him with a raised eyebrow at his friend, "Scott, its Beacon Hills. She's something if she just appeared out of thin air, she's something!" Stiles yelled as he waved his arms in the air.

Scott rolled his eyes, "Well if you're right then we'll have to go someone who may know what she is." Scott said as he led Stiles back to the jeep. "Deaton?" Stiles asked.

Scott pursed his lips and raised an eyebrow at Stiles and the pale boy shook his head, "Don't say it. Don-" "We gotta ask Derek." Scott cut him off.

"I told you to not say it!" Stiles yelled as he turned on the engine. Scott rolled his eyes, "We have literally faced so much and yet you still don't like him." He said.

"It's sourwolf, can you blame me?" Stiles asked with a scoff as they drove off away the woods where Harlow sat on the forest ground under the rain, confused and alone.