Happy Birthday

WARNING: This Chapter contains sexual content! 

Happy Birthday..

Neema wasted no time getting in her blue Honda to drive to see her boyfriend. She loved her full-time job as an officer, but she loved spending time with Victor. The drive on Parkway south couldn't go any faster for her. After her ex, she never thought she would be seeing someone like Victor DeGallo. Around midnight, Neema finally made it to her boyfriend's apartment. Seeing Victor was a delight for her. They have been dating for almost 3 years now, and she still feels like a high school girl with a huge crush. This high school feeling was refreshing for her; this relationship was new, exciting, and different. The critical difference between Victor from her ex is that Victor is a dhampir; half-vampire and half-mortal. She never dated anyone that wasn't mortal before, she was nervous about it at first, but their relationship has been refreshing. Neema got up to the second floor with her vast backpack to reach his doorstep. She was surprised that the door to his condo was unlocked, but she figured he was expecting her.

She let herself in the dark apartment as she took off her Nike's at the door. After she set her backpack down by the door, she called out to him, "Victor?"

She found it odd that she didn't answer him; he usually answers her calls. He could be in his bedroom at the moment.

As she walked into the living room, her eyes lit up at the sight of candles lit around and top a small white birthday cake at the dining room table. There were birthday balloons tied to the dining room chairs.

"Aww.." She sighed. She wasn't expecting him to surprise her for her birthday until the next day.

Her heart jumped a little when she heard his soothing voice from behind her "I take it you like your surprise." Neema melted as he wrapped his arms around her from behind and gave a warm kiss on the cheek.

"I do." She sighed.

"Happy Birthday, baby love." He greeted.

"Thank you so much." She replied it was just what she needed after a long night at work. She turned around and thanked him with a deep kiss on his lips. He held her tight as he toyed with her lips a little, only enough to nibble. Getting used to his fangs was something Neema had to learn over time, but Victor was always gentle with her. His kisses were always warm and inviting. Being a dhampir, he was always friendly to the touch, never cold like his pureblood relatives.

"Let's cut the cake, and then we will have the real dessert after." He told her against her lips.

She nearly jumped in glee. "What kind of cake did you get me?"

"You'll see."

Victor led her closer to the table to allow her to make a wish before the burning candles. Neema closed her eyes for a moment to think about what to wish for. She honestly expected that her relationship with Victor will stay solid and full of love no matter how difficult it gets. That's the only wish she wanted for her 27th birthday. After she blew the candles, the two shared red velvet cake and glasses of Merlot together. One thing about Victor, he had a keen eye for detail, and he paid attention to everything she liked. The two chilled out the sofa as Neema laid on his lap as Victor fed her one more slice of cake. Even though the couple lived in separate apartments, the sorceress loved coming home to him despite the hour drive.

"So, tell me, how does it feel to be twenty-seven?" He curiously asked as he fed her a piece.

"Hm, I don't know. I feel the same, but I say that every birthday." She began. "It's just daunting that I am getting closer to thirty. I already feel like an old lady."