Chapter Twenty-Seven

Selene's POV:

"Tomas Mark Riverrun Junior, get your butt down here, or you'll be late for school!" I yelled up the stairs of the enormous packhouse, and I heard clambering around upstairs as my 16-year-old son strolled around, trying to get ready for school. 

My dark-haired, green-eyed baby boy came skidding into the kitchen, grabbed a slice of buttered toast, kissed me on the cheek, and then practically jumped out the door. I smiled at his retreating figure and marvelled at how my once tiny baby boy was now this over 6-foot tall young man who was almost late for school. Tomas' wolf had come a few days before he turned 16 a couple of months ago, and he shifted like a duck to water. He was a mighty wolf and would make an incredible Alpha in 9 years. What had taken its time to come in were his powers. He would not be as powerful as I am but have capabilities. They were slowly emerging, and he was slowly getting used to it.

Today, Mark and I sent out the final invitations for the Heir Party that we were throwing at the end of this week. As he had gone through 'the change' and become a Werewolf, he was now able to be made my heir, and now he would take on more responsibilities, attend meetings and become more involved in the running of not only this pack but the responsibilities that came with being the son of a Goddess. Alphas would call TJ to deal with several disputes, arguments and be the guiding light to many. 

"You ready?" Mark asked as he opened the kitchen door and gave me a small smile. 

"Yeah, let's get this party sorted," I said as I followed Mark out of the kitchen and into my office, where we had filed the last of the invites, party details and a menu. Mark started to get the previous invites out, and I worked on the menu with the kitchen staff. 

TJ's POV:

"Hey, TJ!" My best friend, Alex, called down the hall as I stood at my locker. I was swapping out my Calculus book for my biology book. My best friend Alex walked over to me, his regular football under his arm and his jersey with his surname and number on his back. Alex was a poster boy for American football, with broad shoulders and legs like tree trunks, yet he was a big teddy bear at the bottom of it all. Alex was a linebacker, making a fantastic warrior one day. 

"Morning, Alex,"

"I hear your mum is throwing a massive party this weekend." 

"Yeah, making me her heir." 

"How does that feel?"

"I always knew this day would come."

"But? I sense a 'but'." 

"I don't know; I worry about my mum. Come on, let's get to class." I shrugged on my backpack and walked with my friend to class. 

I have been dealing with a lot in the last couple of months. I had turned 16 and gotten my wolf, which was a lot for anyone to deal with, but now my magic was also incoming, the other part of my body that fought inside me. Sometimes it was hard to share my head with an animal, and shifting the first couple of times was an issue, but Mum said I made it seem effortless. My issue now was my magic; it was sometimes more volatile than my wolf and more integrated with my emotions than my wolf was. The last thing I needed was to blow up the bleachers because I got my body slammed in football. Mum had been working with me on controlling my magic, and her lessons were having an effect; he had to admit that. 

I managed to make it through the day without my magic or wolf acting out, which was good. I left Alex to go to football practice as I headed home. I wasn't interested in football practice like Alex was, and that was because I had after-school sessions with my mum that I needed to do.