Flats

As I stepped out of the car I saw five stories of flats above me and I thought to myself I am actually living in Britain!

As I walk in, there was a guy that looked about fifty years old, wearing a fishing shirt behind the counter; guessing that he owned the place because it looked like the guy on the brochure, I went up and greeted him.

"Hi" I said shyly. "Hello love my name is Mr.Cook, you must be the American girl that is moving in today with her parents." "How did you know I was American?" I said to him. "The way you approached I guess!"

There was a guy that looked about my age walking up to the counter. He was wearing khakis, white converse, and a red polo shirt with the collar  up. One of his ears was pierced and he had a spliff in his mouth. "Man do all teens in London smoke weed?" I thought to myself.

Mr.Cook went up to him and said "Jackie boy, I'd like you to meet the new girl ....," He then turned to me and asked " What's your name again love?" "Oh, I didn't tell you, my names Mel, Mel Gregson. Mel is Short for Melanie."
The boy then said "I'm Cook, James Cook." He was sweet with his tone but yet mysterious at the same time. " Why don't you help her take the rest of her luggage that's with her up to her flat." Mr. Cook said. "Alright. I'll help America here take her stuff up." Cook said. I looked up at him and gave a small grin, he mirrored. "He then took my Bags and we walked to the Elavator.