"Are we done with the confessional?"

I'm not going to lie this is probably the worst battle chapter you'll ever read I haven't read hp, hp fanfics or any fantasy since January lmao. I wasn't going to include it but I needed a Blaise chapter bc the next chapter is Theo after the battle :) Enjoy!!

Two months later.

The castle rattles. It shakes. Blaise and Theo stare at one another from opposite sides of the dorm room. Theo looks towards the ceiling as dust falls before glance over at the door as it swings open. Pansy stands there with Daphne both of them widen eyed and panicked.

"It's happening" Daphne breathes out, breaking the silence as Adrian appears behind them. The three of them stand in the doorway looking between Theo and Blaise. Blaise isn't sure what it is they want from them. They aren't the leaders, they aren't the smart ones. Blaise knows he would follow Sofia in this situation - maybe Draco, but neither of them are here to lead.

"It's going to be okay" Adrian says resting a hand on her shoulder. Blaise wants to believe him, he wants more than anything for everything to be okay but he isn't sure it will be. How could it possibly be okay? As soon as they leave the common room they will be entering a war zone. They will be faced with the reality that has been dangling in front of them for months. "We should go" He says slowly, as if no one else was going to suggest it. They could just hide in their dorms couldn't they? Yes that would be cowardly but it would be safe.

Adrian is the first to turn and walk towards the common room, the girls follow closely behind. Theo glances at Blaise and pats him gently on the shoulder.

"Don't do anything stupid" Theo says which Blaise appreciates his attempt of trying to keep things light hearted.

"You're more likely to do something stupid" Blaise replies as they begin to walk towards the door of their dorm. This could be the last time either of them walk out of this door. Blaise glances at Theo, then at the room that holds so many memories. Like the first time the four of them got drunk - it was after the Yule ball and the four of them spent the early hours of the morning drinking terrible wine that Theo had smuggled from somewhere. They sat in their evening clothes in a circle, just laughing and sharing secrets. Blaise thinks about how those secrets have nothing on their lives now. His mind takes him to different moments- flashing before his eyes like he is preparing to die before he has even stepped into the war. The tears shed in that dorm, the hungover Sunday mornings, the early mornings when the three of them had quirdtich practice or a game, Sofia's cat throwing up a fur ball on Draco during the night. These four walls hold a lot more than memories, it holds the foundations of their friendships.

"Theo" Blaise says suddenly coming back to reality and noticing they are already walking down the hall. Theo glances over his shoulder at Blaise. Blaise stops walking and glances around them, Theo frowns, turning to face him with a questioning look in his eyes. "If I die-"

"Don't" Theo cringes his face screwing up.

"I've been on a potion for years for my anxiety" Blaise blurts causing Theo to raise an eyebrow at him "I sometimes wish I could meet my dad and ask his side of the story but I think I would punch him or throw up on him before he opened his mouth, I constantly think about leaving this world and living as a muggle, I've definitely worn your underwear before, I really hated it when Draco would act better than me at quidditch" this statement causes Theo's lips to curl upwards slightly "I've always considered Sofia my best friend more than you and Draco" Blaise continues and rubs a hand over his face "I might be in love with Colette but I don't really know and it confuses me a lot-"

"Blaise" Theo interrupts "What are you doing?"

"I feel like I can't die without telling you all these things" Blaise stresses taking a deep breath and looking at Theo in the eyes. Theres a loud thump as the ceiling shakes, dust falling onto them. They both look upwards as the dust settles into their hair. "Isn't there anything you want to tell me?"