ANTHONY MACKIE

DISCLAIMER: each person in this book may have or may have not apologized for their actions however actions speak louder than words and if the behavior is continuous then there is a problem, this is NOT me telling anyone to unstan someone or support cancel culture, i don't necessarily think everything listed is problematic, i've just seen them being talked about, some things i find won't be included bc i couldn't find an adequate source

2015: Made racism apologist comments

The reality of what the Academy is doing and how they're voting, that doesn't matter because if you make a good movie, they will reward you. It's the beast of competition. If you look at all the movies and actors that are nominated, they all gave damn good performances, Me specifically, if that's something I want, I have to step my game up. I have to do better movies and I have to act better."

"You have to think about the time in which 'Selma' came out, the racial trepidation in this country. That's why it's not doing so well at the box office. People are just tired of being bombarded with race right now," Mackie said. "So everybody is shying away from certain topics and certain movies."

Source: Madamenoire

Source: Madamenoire.com

2015: Misogynistic comments

timestamp around 5:25
Source: dlisted.com and youtube

2015: Saying dreadlocks lead to racial profiling

"Like my nephew wanted to grow dreadlocks. I'm like fine, I'll sit you down and I'll watch The First 48 with you and everybody you see on that show, that's doing something wrong, they're black dudes with dreadlocks. So, do you want to be seen as part of the problem or do you want to be an individual?...Let's just say you have locks and you walking down the street. The police pull you over and say you fit the description of somebody.  You start yelling and arguing with the cops. Next thing you know you pressed up against the wall going to jail for something you're not even involved in just because you look like somebody and you don't know how to handle yourself."

Source: thegrio.com

2021: Anthony's thoughts toxic masculinity, the reason why this seems so bad is because a journalist put out that Anthony was talking about SamBucky in a podcast when he wasn't, Anthony is all for SamBucky.

"So many things are twisted and convoluted. There's so many things that people latch on to with their own devices to make themselves relevant and rational. It really used to be guys can be friends, we can hang out, and it was cool...You can't do that anymore, because something as pure and beautiful as homosexuality has been exploited by people who are trying to rationalize themselves, There's nothing more masculine than being a superhero and flying around and beating people up. But there's nothing more sensitive than having emotional conversations and a kindred spirit friendship with someone that you care about and love, Sam and Steve had a relationship where they admired, appreciated and loved each other. Bucky and Sam have a relationship where they learn how to accept, appreciate and love each other. You'd call it a bromance, but it's literally just two guys who have each other's backs. Something that's always been very important to me is showing a sensitive masculine figure," Mackie says.

Source: Variety "Awards Circuit" Podcast