"Levi when I was first in the hospital I remember the doctor said I had head trauma. Can that be the reason I don't remember anything? Surely it's not possible." 

"I would say it's a mental thing but that doesn't seem to be the case. Honestly I don't know what to tell you Meg." 

"Maybe it has to do with whatever my parents were involved in." 

Levi pulled out his phone and started flipping through contacts. "I'm going to see if I can call in a favor for you." 

He stepped out and left me to do whatever. 

Noel banged on my door and started calling my name. 

"Come in!" 

She ran into my room and hugged me tightly. 

"Is everything Okay Noel?" 

"Yes, I've been wanting to hang out with you all day!" 

"Well we can hang out now?" 

"Good! I wanted you to show me how you did my hair the other day," she continued talking as I spaced out. The head trauma made sense I guess. Then there was that time I defended myself against Richard... Not to mention the nightmare. How would Richard know about that anyways? 

"Megan did you hear what I said?" 

"Sorry I spaced out. What did you say?" 

"I was asking if you wanted to take Minnie for a walk after you do my hair?" 

"Oh... um sure Noel. Let's do your hair first."

The night was cool when we started out and let Minnie walk ahead. She barked at a bird that was on a mailbox before it fluttered off. 

"Minnie you won't be able to get it now," Noel chimed as she jumped up and down. 

I pulled her leash and she reluctantly scampered off to find another bird. 

My phone started buzzing in a frenzy and I saw Levi was calling me. 

"Hello," 

"Meg you need to come home right away." 

"Levi what's going on?" I asked conditioning at Noel to turn back. 

"I found out some news, but I need you to get home now. Where are you guys?" 

"We're on the street across from ours. Levi what did you find out?" 

"I'm coming to get you guys, keep walking okay? Don't stop." 

Noel tugged on Minnie' s leash and grabbed my hand as we started walking back towards the house. 

"Megan what's going on?" 

"I don't know sweetie. Just keep walking okay? Don't turn around." 

We were about halfway there when I heard a car coming. I kept walking and felt relief as I saw Levi' s car pulling up towards us. 

"Levi!" Noel cried as he got out. 

Someone clamped a hand over my mouth and stuck a cloth over my nose. I inhaled and felt myself becoming drowsy as they pulled me away.