Chapter 10

The next day, I refused to talk to anyone about what happened. I ate breakfast and went to get dressed.

"Ya al'ight?"John asked.

"Yeah."

"Ya sure?"

"Yeah."

I changed and walked back downstairs. I sat on the couch, watching television. George was talking to Ida's stomach. Ringo walked in, with Maureen. They had been talking in the kitchen.

"Hey, are ya okay?"Maureen asked me.

"I'm better."

"Good,"Ringo patted my knee.

They both sat on either side of me.

"So...how are you two?"I asked.

"Good,"Ringo smiled.

"Same,"Mauren nodded.

I smiled, faintly.

"Is the baby a boy or a girl?"I asked Ringo.

"A girl,"He pointed at Ida.

I stood up and went to the kitchen. I made a cup of tea and went into the hall. I stood there, looking at pictures. "What's wrong?"Kaihlan asked.

"Nothing. Just standing here."

"Can you believe I'm getting married in two days?"

"No. I can't."

"Well, maid of honor, you better."

I smiled and hugged her.

"I'm scared,"She whispered.

"It'll be okay."

"I hope so."

I nodded and John walked in.

"Talkin' 'bout the wedding?"He asked.

"Yeah,"Kaihlan smiled and pecked his lips.

"I'm scared too,"He grabbed her hand.

I left them and went to swim. Maureen, Ringo, Paul, Jane, Kaihlan, John, and George came along. I sat at the edge, with my feet in the water.

"Come in the water,"George said.

"I'm alright."

He cocked an eyebrow,"No yer not. Ever since we came home you've been angry."

"Wouldn't you be angry if the girl your boyfriend cheated on you with is in the same house you are in?"

"Should've never been with ya,"He mumbled.

I slapped him in the face and went inside. In my room, I brushed my hair and got dressed. I looked in the mirror and sighed. I took my lipstick and drew a broken heart on the mirror. I decided to go out. I put on a lavender sundress that barely made it to my thighs, black sandals, makeup, contacts, my hair braided, and my black bag. I walked downstairs and everyone looked at me.

"I'm going out,"I said and grabbed my car keys.

I drove to the diner and ate lunch. I went to the mall and looked around. I ended up going back home.

"Have fun?"Jane asked.

"Kinda."
Two Days Later

Kaihlan, Jane, Maureen, and I were getting ready for the wedding. I did Kaihlan's hair and makeup, then got myself ready. We headed to the church and finished up. She was walking down the aisle with a friend of ours. I grabbed George's arm and we went down the aisle. Kaihlan began walking down the aisle. Afterward, we headed to the reception. Ida and George were loud and annoying.  All she did was complain about everything.