Ch. 8

As Ryuko sat in her room she kept thinking about her last interaction with Izuku. The more she thought about it the more her face lit up. Rumi words were sticking to her mind as she remisced.

Could it be love?

"No it can't be that can it? I mean he's surely interested in girls his own age like Uraraka right?" Ryuko thought as she pressed her blushing face into the pillow.

"But if he were to love me? Would that be so bad?" Ryuko thought as she felt her heart beating faster.

The doorbell then rings.

Ryuko opens it and sees Rumi.

"Oh thank god you're back Rumi!" Ryuko said as she pulled Rumi in for a hug.

"Yeah I'm back" Rumi said hugging her back.

"Oh I'll go make some tea and we can talk about what happened since we last met" Ryuko said.

"Aw come on it hasn't been too long."Rumi said as Ryuko was pretty much tugging her along to the kitchen.

"Eh but it's felt like forever? "Ryuko said.

The two then had tea together and got along pretty well.

"So how are things going with that guy you 'like'?" Rumi said

Ryuko blushed slightly. "Oh well I'm not sure if what I feel for him is love or admiration but I still want to wait a while before just so I know for sure"

"Well do you want to spend more time with him?" Rumi said

Ryuko nodded slightly in embarrassment

"And do you want to know more about him? Like what he likes and dislikes?" Rumi said.

"Y-Yes." Ryuko said

"And finally does your heart beat faster when you think about them? Does you face burn up when you think about them? Does the thought of them being stolen by another make your heart ache?" Rumi asked

Ryuko clenched her chest slightly. It did hurt. It was something new to her, something she did not want to experience. "I guess I do love him, I love him so much. I don't want anyone else stealing him away!" Ryuko said more confident.

"Anyway what about your love life?" Ryuko said.

This time Rumi was the one blushing. "Ah well I mean, I don't want to rush our relationship, I'm scared of pushing him away. He's such a nice guy, he treats me well, he's an amazing cook, he's really athletic, he's everything I'd ever want. And yet I can't bring myself to confess. I keep telling myself I don't want to rush our relationship but really, I'm just scared" Rumi said with tears beginning to form.

Ryuko then hugged Rumi. She had never seen Rumi get so emotional. "Hey don't worry, I'm sure any guy would be happy to have you" Ryuko said while hugging Rumi.

As they hugged Rumi then got a call.

"Oh speak of the devil. Its him!" Rumi said. She then answered the phone. "Hello, yeah I just moved in. Yeah everything is fine between us. No you don't have to come over. Okay thanks, I can't wait to spar again Izuku"

"Izuku?" Ryuko said.

"Oh sorry, his name is Izuku Midoriya"

As Rumi said that it felt like the world had stopped spinning. The color in Ryukos eyes was gone. Rumi liked Izuku. Ryukos heart was aching but this time it felt worse than before. "I knew I should kept these feeling to myself. I'm such a fool. Once again I'm in Rumis way. Why of all the people did I have to fall for the same guy Rumi likes" Ryuko thought. Tears were streaming down her face like no tomorrow.

"Hey Ryuko whats wrong!" Rumi tried to calm down the franticly crying Ryuko. Rumi had no idea what happened. One minute Ryuko was beaming with joy. The next minute she was having a breakdown.

Rumi tried to catch the attention of Ryuko by making her look her in the eyes.

"It's nothing! I'm fine!" She said as tears streamed down her face.

"Youre lying! Tell me right now!" Rumi said.

"It's Izuku!" Ryuko said felling pretty guilty.

"What about him!" Rumi asked.

"We love the same guy!" Ryuko said looking away.

Rumi then let go and took a few steps back. She then sat down and took a deep sigh.

Ryuko was feeling guilty. Why did she have to admit her feelings. If she had kept to herself this wouldn't of happened. She just got Rumi to move in again but she's probably going to move back in.

Rumi then placed her hand on Ryukos shoulders. "I'm not going to hate you for your feelings. Love is something you can't control and I wish you the best" Rumi said with a smile.

"Eh but you-"

Rumis hands then squeezed on Ryukos shoulders harder. "That beings said, I really hate losing so I'm not just going to give him up to you!" Rumi said

"No it's fine I'll let you have him!" Ryuko said

"Look you're my best friend, and I would feel sad if you dated Izuku, but I'd feel even worse if you didn't even try and kept your feelings bottled up inside. So I wish you the best!" Rumi said.

Ryuko then started laughing. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" Ryuko said as she continued to laugh. "Fine, I wish you the best also but I won't ever give him up to you ever again!" Ryuko said getting confident.

The two smiled and started laughing with each other. For love can bless you with joy or sadness. And when theres two people competing one will end up with a smile while the other shall end with tears.