The Missing Lighting

Thunder and lightning roars through the skies but then slowly fades away. New York was dark but brighten by the lights of cars, buildings, and signs. Near a bridge Poseidon emerged from the water with his trident. He walks past a old man fishing then glances at the man and continues his journey to the tower.

"Zeus."

"Poseidon." The two brothers face each other both in the humanly attire.

"It's been many years." Zeus turns to look at the dark sky full of thunderclouds.

"What do you see?" Poseidon turn to the sky.

"Thunderclouds."

"But no lightning." Poseidon turned to his brother.

"Stolen." Zeus tended to walk away and Poseidon trailed behind.

"What? You think I took it? Omnipotence has blinded you, brother. We are forbidden from stealing each other's powers."

"But our children aren't." Zeus turned to Poseidon who taken a offense.

"You're accusing my kids? I haven't seen them both since they were babies. My son, he doesn't know me or who he is because of you."

"If your son or daughter is the thief I will send them to the depths of Tartarus." Poseidon grabbed Zeus by his coat.

"If you touch them you will have the fight of you life." Zeus pushed Poseidon from him.

"You must return the bolt of me. In 14 days, by midnight on the summer solstice." Zeus walked off.

"Or there will be war."

The son of Poseidon by the name of Percy Jackson

Why are you always here?

I should ask you the same.

Well you are in my head.

Uh, no, your in mine.

Okay, whatever. Just stay quiet so I can clear my head.

Whatever you say madam.

Percy smiled to himself then swam back up to the surface of the pool.

"And he's alive." Grover Percy's best and only friend cheered.

"Percy Jackson is a beast! You're a beast, man! Give me some." Grover and Percy high five as Percy climbed out of the pool.

"How long was it?"

"Seven minutes."

"Seven minutes?"

"Mhm, that's crazy, man. That's ridiculous. How do you do it?"

"I just like being in water. It's the one place I can think unless I'm distributed by the voices."