𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 ! / 𝗃𝖺𝖾𝖽𝖺𝖾

𝖺𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗇 ! 𝗃𝖺𝖾𝗁𝗒𝗎𝗇𝗀 𝗑 𝗁𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗇 ! 𝗃𝗈𝗇𝗀𝖽𝖺𝖾
𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 2

𝖺𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗇 ! 𝗃𝖺𝖾𝗁𝗒𝗎𝗇𝗀 𝗑 𝗁𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗇 ! 𝗃𝗈𝗇𝗀𝖽𝖺𝖾𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 2

'okay. take two,' thought jaehyung as he held his boyfriend's hand as they crossed the street. it was night time and the streets of seoul were more alive than ever. the hustle and bustle of people made jaehyung feel small, like he was just another face in the crowd. however, jaehyung had come to appreciate the feeling of just being another guy. because the fact of the matter was he really wasn't.

jaehyung was an alien. more specifically, a being from the planet arthen. in fact, to jaehyung, humans were the aliens, not he! but jaehyung had grown accustomed to feeling as if he were the odd one, to feeling as if humans were the normal ones. maybe he had gotten too used to living as "jeong jaehyung, the korean from seoul" before he realized it. if he was given the option to go back... he wasn't sure if he would take that opportunity. after all, there were certain things on earth that jaehyung would miss...

he looked at jongdae, who despite only have dated for 8 human months (which was actually 5 arthenian months) he had grown to... love? that was the word humans used, wasn't it? a word that describes the feeling when their stomach flutters with "butterflies" when the receiver of their affections looks at them; a word that describes the automatic fond smile that blooms on their lips when they even just think about them. that was love, jaehyung thought, and he was it. or in it. one of them.

"do you still want to see the han river?" jongdae asked jaehyung, catching the latter looking at him already, "why're you staring at me?" the right corner of dae's lips turned upwards to form a sort of side-smile to his lover. "i have something to tell you," jaehyung blurted, eyes wide. dae was beautiful under the moonlight (earth only had one moon? weird!) but jae wondered if dae's smile would leave him once he told him the truth. 'the truth,' jaehyung sighed.

"okayy..." dae's voice trailes off a bit in the end, "tell me when we get there then okay?"

"okay," jaehyung spoke quietly. he supposed this feeling he felt was... "fear".

~~

before jaehyung knew it they had reached the han river, which caught his breath when he saw it. there weren't large bodies of water like this in arthen. in fact, there wasn't water at all, which would make jaehyung's home planet uninhabitable to humans. humans like jongdae, that is.

jaehyung grabbed onto the railing, his eyes filled with stars as he looked at the view as dae smiled at his boyfriend's wonder over what he believed was normal. when jae told jongdae that he's never seen the han river despite being born and raised in seoul, dae almost couldn't believe it. it was almost unthinkable really. dae wondered if jae might've been playing around when he said that but the way his eyes widened and lit up the way they were now... it didn't feel like he was.

dae stood next to jae, resting his forearms and elbows on the railing. "careful there jaejae," dae quipped, "you might fall over and i'm not sure if i could save you from the han river."

jaehyung's eyes focused on a building in the distance, his eyes glazed over with a faraway look. what if dae didn't accept him? it wouldn't be the first time someone didn't.

at arthen, jaehyung was ridiculed for his interest in earth. in korea, jaehyung found that loving what humans called men wasn't widely accepted here. jaehyung could deal with the side glances and whispers from strangers and even friends. but he couldn't deal with how he would feel if dae rejected him. because dae was special to jae and jaehyung liked to believe he was special to the other as well.

the alien bit the inside of his cheek. he remembered going over the word to feeling with his flashcards: nervous. "i- uhm-" jae stopped. should he really tell him? what was wrong with just not telling him? dae didn't have to know right? jaehyung shook his head at his absurd thoughts. no, relationships are built on trust and you can't have that if you're lying to the other person, especially with a secret as big as this.

dae grabbed onto jae's shoulders lightly looking down at him with furrowed eyebrows. worry. "what's wrong baby?" he asked. dae's voice sounded like galshin to jae, an arthenian treat that was similar to what humans called "honey" (which was also a pet name like how dae calls him "baby"! earth was so interesting!).

"don't speak." jaehyung avoided eye contact, "not until i say you can. please." he was going to do it. now. jongdae nodded, his face still holding that look of worry.

"i lied. i'm not from seoul. or korea, or earth. i'm an alien from the planet arthen and i can't swim because there's no water there and i can't cook or eat spicy food because we're sensitive to human's versions of warm and hot and i can't speak korean that well because i'm still learning even though our language is very close to korean and you can't meet my family because they're not on this planet but they really don't like me and i never have physical hurts and stuff because we have a thing called the healing kiss and- and..." an uncontrollable sob broke out of the alien's mouth. at some point jaehyung started crying, big fat tears of translucent, liquid sugar rolling down his cheeks. he brought his hands to his eyes, wiping them with his sleeves.

dae carefully grabbed jae's wrists from his face, putting them down and wrapped his arms around the shorter boy, allowing him to cry his heart out on his shoulder. the wind nipped at their skin as one boy held close another in his arms. kim jongdae didn't know what was going on but he did know that he hated seeing the usually happy boy (or alien?) he loved sad.

☽︎✵☾︎

a/n: this is for sanazaki- because he hates it