41 - You're My...

Ahreum.

"Black; Death, Elusiveness and farewell." she spoke with confidence, "It is a representation of death or the ending of a feeling, idea or relationship."

Her words had struck some sort of pain in my chest.

'Why would he do this just to end it all?' That was a thought that raced through my mind. 'Was this his farewell?'

"'Death'? 'The ending'?" I echoed, taking small paces towards her, "I don't understand."

"I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry, Y/n." She whispered, catching me a bit off guard, "all of this happened because of my jealousy."

"I still don't get it."

She took a deep breath in before explaining further. I could see the tension in her posture as she spoke.

"I was mean to you ever since the beginning," she bellowed, "I shouted, sabotaged, intimidated-"

"Bullied. The word is bullied," I said softly, but not with any animosity. She let out a breathy chuckle and heeded my words.

"I bullied you," She echoed. "I can't apologise enough."

I simply hummed in response as Jimin interrupted the silence that had grown.

"While a black rose does mean death, it also acts as a symbol of rebirth," a new voice had spoken, "It's a sign of new beginnings."

"Jungkook-"

"Right," Ahreum had agreed, interjecting any thoughts I had, "Y/n, I know that I've never really done anything right with you, but—only if you're okay with it—we can put that behind us and become friends."

I noticed a glint of hope lodged in her eyes. It was hard to miss. She was genuine. Even after all of the pain she had caused, I could see that she tried to atone for her sins.

"Ahreum, you hurt me. Not just that, you hurt so many people," I spoke out bluntly, not feeling any scum, "you were selfish, manipulative, cruel-"

"A bully." She whispered with a breathy scoff.

"You were a bully," I repeated with a deep sigh. "Given my feelings now, I can't accept your friendship request."

She looked down, nodding her head at my words in disappointment.

"I understand," she whispered.

"So, instead of jumping headfirst into that," I chimed, "why don't we start with not hating each other."

At my words, her head had shot up. Her expression was unreadable. After her brain had a processed my words, a small grin had tugged at her lips.

"You're a good person, Y/n," she cooed, tilting her head slightly to the side, "I can see why he chose you."

After exchanging smiles with each other, Jungkook had stepped behind both Ahreum and Jimin.

"New beginnings?" He asked.

I knew exactly what he meant. Putting the past behind us and starting afresh.

"Yes, Jungkook. New beginnings."

Jungkook had gestured me in the direction I was meant to follow, allowing me to go by my lonesome. Throughout the way, I had been expecting to see more roses which had distracted me, until I was tugged out of it by a new thought.

"What does a bouquet of 8 roses mean?" I mumbled to myself, stepping through the arch of a greenhouse.

A voice on the inside of the conservatory had spoken up.