Chapter 18

It was quiet.

The time was close to night at this point.

Maebelle Evans and Lloyd Walker were standing across from each other, mid October winds blowing across them.

"Mae, if we're going to be a messy couple... I want to tell you the stuff about me that you should've known..." were the words Lloyd had said five minutes ago.

Mae had two responses in mind. ARE YOU CRAZY?! since the young woman was not one to pry, and YES, YES, YES! Since she's also been very curious about him for the entire time she has known him.

"If you don't want to know-" The male had quickly been cut off.

"No, it's not that!" The blue eyed female waved her hands in front of him.

"Then why haven't you said anything for the past ten minutes!" The green eyed male yelled.

"It's just because...I really don't know how to respond to something like that...!" The raven haired girl said. "Would you? Saying you'll tell your entire background to someone out of the blue."

"I mean, I guess not." The male sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "But... I guess... there's something in the back of my mind saying I can trust you enough to tell you all of this."

Her blue eyes widened in surprise, before she smiled a little. "I told you this before-"

"That you trusted me too. Yeah, I know." The green eyed male said. "This is why I think it's only fair to tell you all of this then to keep you in the dark."

The female slowly nodded. "...O-Okay... so what did you want to tell me first...?" The raven haired girl asked.

"Well, first I think I should take off my face mask." Lloyd said, and she nodded again. The male slowly lifted his hands up to the black face mask that covered what was hidden on his lips and pulled it off. "Well...?"

Mae's blue eyes widened, but not from fear, but from surprise. "Lloyd..."

On the left side of Lloyd's pale lips had scars from what looked like a knife.

"Are you going to run?" He asked. "Feel free, you have every right too-" the green eyed male hadn't even realized the dark haired young woman had walked up to him. Now, he was frozen, and Mae's thumb was on his scars.

"O-Oh...!" The female immediately took her hand away. "Sorry! Did that hurt?!" This was probably the most guilty Mae had ever looked since Lloyd had met her.

"No, dummy, that didn't hurt, I was just surprised, that's all." The whisper white haired male said with a small smile.

Ah... Now, it was her turn to freeze.

"What's up?" Lloyd asked.

"This is the first time I've ever seen you smile." Mae explained. "You always had the mask, so I was never able to see it." She said with a joyful tone.

"And why do you seem so happy about it?" The green eyed male inquired.

"Because it's nice." The raven haired girl grinned. "You shouldn't wear the mask, I mean-" she cut herself off, her face turning red. "You don't need to wear it when I'm around."