Ch 8. Game night

"I need you to get me into the council", Damon ordered

"Okay, done", she agreed with a nod.

Before she could say anything Damon interrupted, "I am not done yet. I also need you to get me into your friend circle".

"My friend circle?", Caroline repeated not understanding what he meant. "Which one and why would you even want that?

"You don't need to know that", Damon replied sternly. "And what do you mean by which one?".

"Well, I do have two separate friend groups. One more cooler than the other", she thought.

Not wanting him to know that she hastily diverted the topic as realisation struck her, "Oh wait, I know why".

"Do you, now?", Damon questioned wanting to see what she comes up with.

"Yup", she cheerfully replied knowing that she was going to be precise."You want to get into my circle for one major reason".

"And what's that?", he asked curiously.

"To bother Stefan obviously", Caroline replied smugly knowing she hit right on the nail with the surprise crossing his features.

"How did you..................?", Damon questioned. He wasn't that obvious, was he? Caroline undoubtedly got one of the motives right. Yes, he did want to bother Stefan but he also was incredibly curious about Elena. Like, why the hell does she look so identical to Katherine? If it wasn't for the completely opposite personality (and the hair) and the fact that she was human, he wouldn't believe it.

"It's kinda obvious", Caroline said. "Stefan didn't even mention siblings when asked. Which implies that you both have a shaky relationship right now", she revealed like it was the most apparent thing in the world.

"So while you proceed with your mission, you can annoy him in the process, it's like hitting two birds with one stone", said Caroline sipping her coffee.

"I'm impressed, Blondie", Damon announced. "You're way smarter than you look".

"Thanks, I know", she replied. One thing Caroline was proud of was her ability to notice the smallest details. Taking psychology instead of history definitely helped with that. And as an additional bonus, she got to see less of Mr Tanner (God he was so annoying).

"Okay, so what else?", she asked recalling his requests (more like orders).

"Well, you just need to do whatever I say, whenever I ask you to", ordered Damon. "And of course, you can't utter a single word about this to anyone else because you wouldn't like the consequences", he concluded as the threat in his voice got replaced with a cocky tone.