"it was a bad idea,"

The first snow had already fell on the grounds of Hogwarts, indicating the started of the holiday season

The first snow had already fell on the grounds of Hogwarts, indicating the started of the holiday season. Additionally, the common rooms of all houses had been decorated, particularly the Hufflepuff common room who took the task extremely seriously.

That day it was rainy, freezing and windy but Ophelia was playing against the Slytherins. This meant they would be shivering and their jerseys would be damp and uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, Ophelia was determined to win against the house and had been training her team all week for it. 

She woke up early that morning to have a quick training session but when she got there she discovered that the Slytherin team was already training and she was made to head back to the castle.

Instead, she ran around the island counter in the Kitchen of the school whilst taking bites out of a slice of toast. Then the door opened and she received weird looks from Lily who had just walked in to make herself a cup of tea. "What are you doing?" She asked with a confused face.

"The Slytherins were using the pitch. I need to train somehow." Ophelia replied, now jogging on the spot. Lily rolled her eyes but smiled at the girl as she walked towards the counter. "Want a cuppa?" The red head asked the Ravenclaw who nodded before jumping up to sit on the counter.

"Be careful." The Gryffindor suddenly said as she handed a cup over to the girl. "Of what?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. "With Potter." Lily added. "Because if he hurts you in anyway, he is a dead man." The red headed girl said which made Ophelia chuckle as she lifted the cup up to her lips.

"And ignore the Slytherins today." She added as she blew on the top of the tea, watching the ripples from. "Don't worry, I've been ignoring people for years." She replied with a smirk, looking over at the girl who playfully hit her arm.

~☕︎︎~

Ophelia let out a sigh as she stood with the rest of the Ravenclaw team before the game started. She gripped onto her broom before Madam Hooch called out the houses playing and they all mounted their brooms and flew out onto the pitch, forming a circle opposite the Slytherin team.

"I want a fair game!" The yellow eyes Quidditch Professor announced before she blew her whistle and the several Quidditch balls flew out of the case they were in.

Ophelia held onto the bat tightly in her hands as she followed the bludgers to hit them away from her team. Every time a bludger came hurdling towards her, she hit it away with ease.

She smirked at the visible frustration on the other teams face. Suddenly, Evan Rosier snatched the bat off the beater and hit a bludger at the girl with such force that she clouding hit it back.

Instead, it knocked her off her broom and fall towards the green grass below. As she fell like a rock, the crowds watched intently. Everyone, including the Professors, cringed as there was a loud crunch when she finally hit the floor.

Madam Hooch then hurried over and carried the girl off the pitch with magic, taking her to the Hospital Wing.

~☕︎︎~

Ophelia lying in a hospital wing slightly elevated so she could look around the room.
Her forehead was stinging as if there was an open cut there and when she glanced down, she saw her arm in a cast.

Just then, she looked over when she heard footsteps to see James walking towards her with a plate in his hands. With his empty hand, he pulled the wooden stool closer to the bedside and sat down on it.

"Are those for me?" She asked with a hopeful look when she saw the pile of cookies stacked on top of the plate. "No. They're for me." James replied sarcastically which made her roll her eyes before she picked one up and took a bite out of it.

"So what have you done?" He asked as he looked over at the cast. "Broken it." She replied, more focused on the cookie then her arm.

"I swear, when I get my hands on that sly bastard." James spoke with gritted teeth as he clenched his hand. "No. Because I want to be the one who breaks his face." Ophelia replied as she placed her hand on his arm which made his fist relax and smile down at her.

He then put the plate down on the bed behind him before opening Ophelia's slightly clenched hand and interlocking fingers with her. She then looked over and made eye contact with the boy.

But they let go of each others hand when Marlene came bursting in with Christmas presents for the girl, singing carols loudly as she did so.