Chapter 16

It's been a couple of months, and things still haven't died down. The baby and I haven't left the house in two months. Odell doesn't want us to leave the house for our protection, he said. It's been a crazy two months. Having to wake up every two hours and having to breastfeed my daughter has been very eye-opening. Being in this house has made me go stir-crazy.

It was around 2 pm, and I decided that not only did I need to get out the hose, but so did Avalon. I got us ready; she wore a purple shirt and some black leggings with white socks. I wore blue jeans, with a red blouse and some black flats. I put her in her car seat and put it on the stroller. I grabbed my purse and left my place. When we finally got down to the lobby and out the door, I just felt so much better. I went to the garage and put her in the car first; then, I put the stroller away. It felt nice outside. Not cold, not too hot either. It was a perfect day to go out, and that's what I intended to do. I got in the car and drove to August's house. His car was in the driveway. I parked behind him. I got out and grabbed the car seat. August gave me an extra key to his house, so I used it to get in. Avalon was fast asleep, as usual. I put her on the living room floor, and I was not about to wake her up.

"Hello," I called out. I got no response. Then I heard something fall, and I made my way upstairs to see what fell. It came out of the room that I used to stay in when I lived with my brother for a short period. I opened the door, and my mouth dropped open. August was having sex with some random chick.

"Auggy, what the hell." Both August and the girl turned to me. He sighed and stood up. I turned my head, and I did not need to see all that he was working with.

"What the hell are you doing here" he growled; what the hell was wrong with him. He never talks to me like that.

"Out" I looked at the girl. She just stared back at me. I started towards her, but August stood in front of me.

"You can go," he told the girl, then he turned his attention to me. "Is my niece here"? I nodded. She looked at him in disbelief. He walked away, out the room and downstairs. Why did they have to do it in this room? Where the hell was Gabby?

I looked at her, "Don't make me have to come back up here. You have five minutes to get out, and don't think about taking anything". She nodded and got up, and started getting dressed. I walked out of the room and back downstairs and found August holding Avalon. He was looking down at her, and then I saw a tear fall. He doesn't cry often, so I know something must be severe. I sat down next to him, took Avalon out of his arms, and put her back in her car seat.

"Aug, what's wrong talk to me" I put my hand on his back.

"She left me" was all he said. At that moment, I knew what was going on; Gabby got spooked and ended things. That's what she does when things get too serious for her. She never had something good for her until she got on her own and made it into the modeling career. I feel for her, but she needs to get some help. She cannot keep hurting people.

"What happened Aug," I asked him. He dug into his pocket and pulled out a box. I didn't even need to open it, but I did. Inside the box was a beautiful, expensive diamond ring. I felt the tears coming to my eyes, and I closed the box. I needed to get myself together. I needed to be here for August and not get emotional about my life. I put the box beside me, and I just hugged him, and he cried. He eventually fell asleep, and I laid him on the couch. I found a blanket and cover him up with it. Avalon had woken up, and I made her a bottle; she was sucking on her bottle as I pulled my phone out.

Hello," the voice answer.

"How fast can you get to August's house," I asked?

"On my way, should be there in ten," they said. Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. I went to open the door, and my mother stood in the doorway. She hugged me and came inside.

I pulled her back so that we could have a private conversation. I told her everything I knew, and she teared up as I did. She was going to watch both Avalon and her son while I went and hunted down my best friend and the girl who broke my brother's heart.

I ended up texting her, and she was at a party, but she gave me the address. I didn't care how I looked; I walked into that party on a mission. I walked around until I spotted her talking to some random people that I didn't know. That is one thing, I did not see a lot of famous people. I stayed away, and I made sure not to remember any of them. I didn't want this life, but I was born into it. I hated the spotlight. I heard whispers throughout the room as I made my way over to Gabby. She spotted me before I reached her, and her face fell, and she looked scared as if I would hurt her. I finally reached her; by the time I did, she had already told the people she was talking to that she needed a minute. Before I could open my mouth, she grabbed my hand and pulled me to a different location.

"I didn't realize that by telling you where I was that you would show up and dressed like that," she told me, closing the door to the room she brought me to.

"I didn't realize that you had the nerve to fuck over August like that either," I replied. She looked down at the ground and shook her head. I couldn't feel for her. I needed to stay strong for my brother's sake.

"Ash... it's not like that," she spoke quietly.

"You told me you got the help you needed when you were away. You lied to me, and now you broke my brother's heart. I just left him, you know he cried himself to sleep" I wanted her to feel guilty, but at the same time, I wanted her to know what she had done.

"I-I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt him. I lo- I mean I care for him a lot".

"Love. You love him, Gabby. You love him, so you ran. One day, you won't be able to run away from your problems".

"Your one to talk," she snapped.

"My situation is different" I folded my arms across my chest, the never she has to try and turn this on me.

"How? Just because he hasn't proposed to you. Are you jealous he hasn't proposed" she put her hands on her hips?

Is she out of her mind? "Stay the fuck away from my brother. If I ever hear or see you near him, you'll regret it". I started to walk past her.

"What are you going to do" she turned to look at me.

"I'll kick your ass. Don't tempt me. I know you cannot fight, don't forget who always beat up your bullies back in grade school". She looked worried; I smirked and then walked out of the room. I don't want to be angry at her, but I cannot look past my brother's hurt. She'll understand...

 Eventually