"to think i could stop,"

Ophelia stood with her suitcase at Hogsmeade platform, standing beside the much taller Remus

Ophelia stood with her suitcase at Hogsmeade platform, standing beside the much taller Remus. "Are you sure you want to go back this Christmas?" The chestnut haired boy asked which made her nod in reply.

"I'm not going back next Christmas. And I think the place needs a bit more Christmas spirit." She replied with a wink which made him chuckle before the train rolled in and they all boarded it.

~☕︎︎~

After a couple hours on the train, it came to a sudden halt at Platform 9 and 3/4. Ophelia pulled her suitcase off the shelf above and followed the line of students off the train.

Ophelia noticed Remus' parents who he walked off to and James' parents who James and Sirius walked off to. She let out a loud sigh before leaving the platform.

She had never had someone waiting to pick her up or say goodbye sines she started Hogwarts. This was because the Matron was too scared to tell anyone or get involved herself. This would lead her to get off the platform herself and board a bus all the way back to Yorkshire form London which would taken several more hours.

Finally, when the sun was about to set behind the hills of the countryside, she arrived at St Joesph's. As soon as she walked through the grand iron gate at the front, she was filled with a sense of dread like all joy had been sucked out of her.

She watched the bus drive away before knocking three times on the great wooden door. Ophelia waited a few moments until the door swung open and standing there was the Matron.

She glared at the girl, probably because of what they did to her car, as she walked in. "Merry Christmas Matron." She said with a wink before heading up the staircase to the girls dormitories.

All the children of the home were eating supper by the time Ophelia got back, so she threw her suitcase onto her bed and sat on her bed, looking around the empty dorm. In her hands was her wand which she spun around her finger but sudden footsteps up the stairs made her hide it under her pillow.

The glaring, scowling Matron pushed the door open and look at her with disgust. "Hide those freak books before the rest of the girls get back." She ordered with a hiss before leaving the room again.

Ophelia rolled her eyes as she unbuckled her suitcase and started to hide her school books under a loose floorboard which she had discovered a few years ago.

Just as she put the last book in, the girls walked into the room in lines, their eyes falling on the girl. "I expect silence girls." The Matron spoke before slamming the door shut which made a few of them flinch.

~☕︎︎~

Throughout the break, Ophelia had been receiving letters from James, Lily and Marlene but the Matron would always snatch them off her and took her owl so she couldn't reply.

Until one day, there was a knock at the door to the children's home. During this time, Ophelia was getting up to go to the toilet at the top of the stairs so she peered down to see the Matron swing the door open, revealing a messy haired boy, a taller boy and a blonde girl.

"We are requesting Ophelia Thompson." James said in his most polite voice which his mother had taught him to use on adults. "Are you her freak friends?" The Matron asked, spitting her words.

"Yes, they are. Now go have a good night sleep Matron." Ophelia said which made them all look up to see her walk down the stairs and head out the door. "Don't let the bed bugs bite." She called out to the grey haired woman with a wink before she slammed the door shut which made the old house shake.

"Moody bitch," Marlene muttered which them all nod in agreement. That was when Ophelia noticed a black motorbike with a single headlight located at the front. "Who's is this?" She asked.

"Mine." Sirius said proudly as he placed his hand on the seat. "How?" She asked with wide eyes. "Bought it at a muggle market, then enchanted it." He replied. "You can get on the back if you want?" He offered which made her squeal excitedly.

She jumped onto the seat behind Sirius and wrapped her arms around his chest. "Wait!" James called out before grabbing a helmet which was on the back and placed it on Ophelia's head. "What about Sirius?" She asked.

"It will mess up my hair." The dark haired boy replied as he flicked his hair before twisting the handles until they suddenly started to float up into the air.