"bad idea,"

From the early and late training sessions for Quidditch had not only tired out the team but also Ophelia herself

From the early and late training sessions for Quidditch had not only tired out the team but also Ophelia herself. Because of her intense training, many students left the team and she needed to find replacements which she was struggling to find.

James had noticed the dark eye bags under her eyes for the past week and suggested possibly doing less training or even taking a break entirely.

One spring afternoon, James sat beside Peter in the Great Hall for dinner. "Why is Snivellus staring at us?" The shirt boy asked his friends around him. "Because we are too sexy." Sirius replied as he flipped his hair which made Remus roll his eyes and James chuckle.

The messy haired boy then glanced over at Lily, Marlene and Dorcas and furrowed his eyebrows because there was no Ravenclaw. He then turned his head and scanned the faces of the navy blue table and saw no sign of Ophelia.

"Have you seen Ophelia?" He asked the red headed girl after sliding down the benches so he was closer. She shook her head. "No, we were going to look for after dinner." She replied.

"Why?" She asked with a smirk which made him roll his eyes. "You got a thing for her?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. He ignored the girl and left the Great Hall in search for the girl.

He knew the pitch would be restricted by then so he headed to the Ravenclaw common room and was even able to answer the riddle that time.

Because everyone had gone for dinner, the common room was silent which made the room feel eerie. Slightly scared, he hurried to her dormitory and knocked. But there was no reply. He knocked again. No movement again.

He then turned the door handle and pushed the door open, peering around the wooden door to see the Ravenclaw girl fast asleep under her covers.

Carefully, he closed the door behind him and stood leaning against the wall, watching her peacefully sleep before he moved to sit at the end of the bed. The movement made her jolt up before letting out a sigh of relief when she saw it was James.

"Why are you watching me sleep?" She asked as she closed her eyes again and fell back onto her pillow. "You've missed dinner." The Gryffindor told her.

"My nap must of lasted longer then I thought." She muttered as she sat up. "But why are you napping at 5?" James asked. "I must of got tired after practice." Ophelia replied.

"You're exhausting yourself." James said, inspecting the black circles under her eyes.
"Come on, I'll make you something to eat." He said before pulling her out of bed and getting her to follow him to the kitchens.

~☕︎︎~

Ophelia rested her head on the counter top whilst James hurried around the kitchen, making her dinner. Suddenly, he whistled which caught her attention. She looked up to see a plate of pasta in front of him with a fork beside it.

"Thanks." She muttered as her eyelids started to droop closed again. Sleepily, she stabbed the pasta with the fork and lifted up to her mouth. "This is proper good." She complimented with her mouth full.

"You're a great cook." She added as she wiped the sauce off her mouth. "Well I did learn from the best." James replied as he sat on the counter beside her. "Your mum?" She asked which made him nod with a grin. "Is she nice?" Ophelia asked. "Definitely, she use to make me cookies before bed and read me a bed time story every night." James replied but he then stopped when he noticed her looking down.

"Do you know anything about yours?" The messy haired boy asked. She shook her head. "The Matron tells me they just packed up and left me." She replied as she moved the pasta around the plate. "But I never believed her. Maybe I'm just being naive." She added.

James then jumped off the counter and used his finger to lift her chin. "Well if they did do that, they're stupid." He spoke in a welcoming and comforting voice.

He then leaned down so their lips touched, his hand still under her chin to keep it up. Slowly, they pulled away and she let out a sigh. "Thanks."

"No problem sweetheart." He replied with a smirk and a wink which made her roll her eyes before he placed a final kiss on her forehead.