Chapter 12

Barry was surprised when there was a knock on his door the following morning and even more surprised and delighted when he found Kara on the other side.

"Kara." Barry said as he hugged her.

"Hey Barry. It is so good to see you again." Kara said.

"You too. Sorry I haven't been able to drop by National City." Barry said.

"Honestly, since I think we're all still recovering from the last crossover, I don't think any of us are ready for another one. And I actually came to talk to Iris. Is she here?" Kara asked.

"No, she's in Keystone with her dad and Wally, visiting her mom. Can I ask why you wanted to talk to her?" Barry asked.

"It's business stuff. But anyways, can I ask why there's only been one sighting of the Flash since you got your powers?" Kara now asked him.

"Because I might not have my powers for much longer." Barry said.

"What are you talking about?" Kara asked.

"Remember how we got into the speed force to go back to the dawn of time from the Vanishing Point?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, you ran us there." Kara said.

"Yes, but in order to get into the speed force, I had to make Oliver give me his spectre energy in order to give me the energy boost I needed and while it worked, it did have a side effect." Barry said.

"What kind of side effect?" Kara asked.

"The speed force couldn't handle the spectre energy, it's causing a meltdown that's destroying it from the inside. If it dies, then I'll lose my powers." Barry said.

"So, to save the multiverse, you had to potentially sacrifice your powers." Kara said.

"Yeah. Oliver warned me that giving me his energy would be dangerous, but I didn't listen." Barry said.

"Barry, you didn't know what would happen and the gambit paid off at the time, since if you hadn't had done that, we'd still be trapped at the Vanishing Point and everything and everyone else would be gone. Besides, now we've all been given a second chance. You made the right call. I would've done the same thing." Kara said.

"Kara, you can never lose your powers like this because yours are dependent on the sun. If the sun dies, not only do you lose your powers, but everything in this solar system dies too." Barry pointed out.

"I know, but I do know a thing or two about making hard calls to save the world. And besides, you're not the Flash because of your speed, just like how I'm not Supergirl because of my strength. We're heroes because of who we are inside. Plus, you and your team, from what you've told me, accomplishing the impossible is just another day at the office for you. I'm sure you're already trying to figure something out." Kara said.

"We are." Barry confirmed.

"Then it will work out. Especially if you have some additional help. My team has two of the best scientific minds on this planet on it. I'm sure they'd be willing to help and you should consider reaching out to Team Arrow and the Legends, since the more brain power you have on this problem, the better." Kara said.

"I'll reach out." Barry agreed, since he knew she was right.

"So, any idea when Iris will be back?" Kara asked.

"Later today." Barry said, right as Kara's hearing perked up.

"You mind?" Kara asked, since this was his city.

"Go for it." Barry said, giving her his blessing, since while he'd like to go with her, or handle it himself, he knew that for now, he needed to conserve his speed, and without further notice, Kara's watch glowed with red light before said light swept over her body and just like that, she was completely garbed as Supergirl, right down to her hair being released from it's ponytail and her glasses being removed.