Overworking - NeverMaru - 💕

No P.O.V.

     Ishimaru sat there at his messy desk, staring down at the paperwork he's been working on for hours upon hours. His eyes filled up with tears as another wave of stress hit him. He's been overworking himself ever since he started this new job.

     His fiance, Sonia, was on her way home. She was in a rush because she missed her lover.

     Now being greeted with the bright red front door, she grabbed her key and unlocked it. Closing it behind her as she walked inside.

     "Honey, I'm back!" She said, the only emotion being felt was glee. Although that quickly changed when she got no response. She waited a bit longer before calling out.

     "Sweetie?" She slowly took off her jacket, worry now filling her heart. She set the jacket on one of the dining room chairs.

     "Where could he be?" She thought. An idea the second she remembered. "The bedroom! Taka always likes to sit and wait for me there!"

     Now excited, she run up the stairs and to their shared bedroom. Opening the door her and seeing what she saw made her heart sink.

     Ishimaru was overworking again. Already used to the sight, she walked over to the bed and kicked her shoes off.

     And there she was, sitting on their bed, watching Ishimaru, her fists now being clenched. Her eyebrows then furrowed, creating a worried expression

     "Honey, you've been working all day. Why don't you take a break?" No response. He just went back to working.

     She let out a loud sigh as she got up, waking towards Kiyotaka. "Darling." She set a hand on his shoulder. The ruby-eyed man flinched badly. It's like he lost track of his surroundings. Noticing the flinch, she immediately pulled her hand back.

     "Kiyotaka, please answer me."

     Tears, now rolling down his cheeks, he dropped his pen and turned around, looking up at the blonde.

     "AH! You're crying!" She grabbed his hand and dragged him up, now having him stand. "Come on. Let's go lay down. You.." She looked up at his expressionless face, his eyes having huge dark bags under them, showing that he rarely got sleep. "need rest.."

     Pulling him over and sitting him down, she started to unbutton his shirt. "What are you doing.." a low, tried voice asked. She looked up at Taka.

     "I'm simply taking your shirt off, it looks like you'd be sweating everywhere you go wearing it! Especially now that's it's summer!" Ishimaru let out a deep chuckle. "It's not the bad once you get used to it." Sonia just rolled her eyes in response.

     All of a sudden she felt something wet hit her hand. She looked over. It was a small droplet of water. Was the ceiling leaking? No. She turned her head upwards and stared at Taka for a second before noticing tears wear still streaming down his face. She sighed.

     "Darling." She pulled of her lover's shirt, now revealing his muscular body. "Lay down for me. I'm going to go make you some tea, alright?"

     Taka just stared. His lifeless ladybug red eyes being met with Nevermind's pristine morning sky blue ones. The weird silence started to make her uneasy.

     Ishimaru finally spoke up. "Hm? What were you saying? I apologize for spacing out again.." Silence filled the room once more before Sonia cracked a smile. "I was going to make you tea, is there a certain kind you want?"

     He shook his head as he silently moved his shirt off of the bed. Sonia giggled at his action and grabbed his shirt off the floor, tossing it into the basket of dirty clothes, which was not-so-surprisingly empty, since they're both neat freaks.

     "Well, I'll go make you your sister Celestia's milk tea. Is that fine with you, sweetheart?"

     Taka smiled. He loved his sister's milk tea. Everytime she made it, she always mentioned how their father taught her how to make it. Her eyes would always light up and fill up with happiness just sharing that memory. It was always one of her favorite memories. It was one of Taka's favorites as well.

     Although the downside of that was that Takaaki was stuck in a psychiatric hospital. But that was also a good thing, as for he was getting the help he very much desperately needed. So it wasn't much of a problem, although Taka and Celestia both missed their father deeply.

     "I would like milk tea, thank you honey." Sonia grinned once more as she gave her partner a peck on the cheek before walking out.

     Now Ishimaru was left all alone. Letting out a deep sigh, he looked over at his desk. He got up and walked over to it, grabbing a few papers at a time and putting them into certain piles, now sorting out his work. It didn't take that long for him to finish sorting, as there was barely as much papers as there usually is.

     Finally done, he trudged over to his bed and lied down, shoving his face into the pillow. Sonia was gone for only a few moments but he missed her already. Shuffling over to his side, he grabs another pillow, now hugging it.

     Speak of the devil, Sonia strolls in, holding a small tray. The smell of milk tea fills the air. Memories flood back, Ishimaru smiles just thinking about them. He sits up and faces Sonia. She smiles back and holds the tray in front of him.

     "Here, your cup." Filled with glee, Ishimaru gently grabs the cup. "Be careful, it's hot!" She said as she sat the tray on the desk, now noticing that the desk is all tidied up.

     "Hm." Blowing on his tea, he looks over at the blonde. "Is something wrong?" Looking back, she shakes her head and walks back to the bed, sitting next to Kiyotaka. She lied her head down on his shoulder as she rubbed her hand against his thigh under the blankets.

     Taking a sip, Ishimaru blushed at the warm touch, but he smiled as well. He sat his cup down on the bedside table. Soon after he shuffles around to get on to Nevermind's lap. Both of their faces turned rose red out of embarrassment.

     Sonia looks away.

     "Hey honey.." Taka pulls himself closer to his lover, wrapping his arms around her and burying his face into her shoulder.

     "Yes?"

     "..I love you."

.

.

.

.

.

     The rest of the day was filled with sipping on milk tea, watching true crime documentaries and snuggling under the blankets.

     Today was a good day.