Chapter 7

I started to get frustrated as I looked through my closet for clothes. why don't I have anything to wear?! I sighed finally just deciding on black legging, a tan baggy sweater and my favorite brown boots. I straitened my blonde hair after putting on my makeup and then topping the outfit off with dream catcher earrings and a scarf. I sighed hoping this would be worth it as I got into my car taking a deep breath.

I arrived at the incline parking and fealt super nervous. I wanted Brandon to like me but, to break down the wall I had... I wasn't sure I wanted that.

I stepped out of my car and walked to the incline to see Brandon standing there in a red plaid shirt with blue jeans and red vans. I smiled taking in his appearance.

"Hey," I said standing in front of him.

"Hey," he said kind of breathlessly beaming.

"Are you okay?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Yup. Your beauty just took my breath away.... oh and these are for you," Brandon said smiling handing me the flowers.

"Oh thanks," I said blushing. I excused myself and put the flowers in my car before returning to Brandon's side.

"Want to grab a bite?" Brandon asked smiling.

"Yeah sure I'm starving," I said smiling up at him.

Brandon and I entered the restraint and were seated towards the back. People recognized Brandon and were asking for autographs and pictures but, I didn't mind. It was part of his job.

Finally after we ate we headed up the incline and let me just tell you it is gorgeous!! I stood holding onto the rail staring at the gorgeous city.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered.

"Just like you," Brandon said coming behind me and putting his hands besides mine.

We got off the incline and stood in the mountain going over to a secluded spot.

"Look at the stars... they're so beautiful," I said staring up at the sky.

"I couldn't agree more," Brandon said smiling and then I turned to see him staring at me.

"What?" I questioned giggling a little.

"Nothing, I just am glad I have the most beautiful girl in the world standing beside me looking at the stars. I wouldn't want to change a thing," Brandon whispered.

I blushed bright red,"Brandon... you don't even know me," I said shaking my head and staring back out towards the city. I was amazed by the fact that while it was peaceful standing besides Brandon it was a completely different story back in pittsburgh. The world was still moving people still worked and were moving around but, at the moment I could forget all of it...

"I want to get to know you though... I want to know every little thing... what makes you laugh.... what makes you cry... what you love.... what you hate.... I want to know every single thing," Brandon whispered turning me towards him. I looked into his eyes and saw something I have never seen in a mans eyes when he looks at me before.... I saw pure love and admiration.

"Okay.... okay I'll tell you everything," I whispered quietly being lost in his eyes.

"Good," Brandon whispered just as quietly like he was afraid to speak because it could break the moment.

Brandon pulled me into his chest and I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same while he started to sway back in forth dancing slowly with me in his arms. I knew at that very moment I was a lost cause. As much as I hated to admit it and didn't want to Brandon Sutter captured my heart and it scared the shit out of me.

Brandon quit dancing and looked down at me. He just smiled his goofy smile and I couldn't help smile back... I knew he was already starting to take down the wall I had made one brick at a time....

"Come on... I want to show you something," Brandon said quietly grabbing my hand and leading me back to the incline before we started going down the side of the mountain.

Brandon pulled me to his black truck.

"What about my car?" I asked laughing.

"We can get it later," he said as he opened my door for me.

I just giggled and slid into the passenger seat enjoying everything that was happening at the moment... just forgetting the craziness of life for a while. It was so nice...

After 20 minutes of driving we arrived at this mystery destination...

Brandon opened my door and I looked around trying to figure out where we were. "We are still in pittsburgh don't worry," Brandon chuckled at my confusion.

Brandon grabbed my hand and lead me down a path. There were tons of trees lining the path. Although it was chilly I didn't mind at all.

"It's my favorite place.... I come here when I'm stressed or need to think," Brandon said as we came across a beautiful little lake that had a clearing so you could see the stars above.

"Wow," I said breathlessly trying to take in the beauty of it all.

"Yeah it's beautiful," Brandon said smiling. We sat down beside the lake laying back to stare up at the stars.

"What do you love," Brandon asked breaking the quiet.

"My family, hockey, little kids, my job," I told him quietly before looking at him. "what about you?" I asked him.

"My family, hockey, my job, snow, the sound my skates make when I slice through the ice," he said back quietly smiling.

I smiled at his answer looking back up at the sky. "what are you most afraid of," I whispered taking his hand.

"Getting my heart broken again," he whispered squeezing my hand. "what about you Becca boo?" Brandon asked.

"A lot... getting hurt again... never finding someone to love... spiders," I told him chuckling at the end.

"I'll protect you," Brandon said quietly turning towards me.

"They all say that... they never mean it though," I said shaking my head tears forming in my eyes as I sat up looking at the lake.

"Well I do... I forever will mean it," Brandon said turning my head towards him before kissing my forehead.

"How can you even say that Brandon... we aren't dating... we aren't anything... don't make empty promises to me," I said coldly. Seeing hurt spread across his face.

"Becca.... I don't care if we are never anything. I will always protect you and I intend to do that no matter what. You're not going to push me away I won't allow it... I won't," Brandon stated staring straight into my eyes.

"Okay," I whispered quietly a tear slipping down my cheek.

"Come on lets get you home," Brandon said standing up pulling me with him.

35 minutes later we were at my apartment and I thanked Brandon for the date before handing him a note and smiling heading up to my apartment still slightly dazed from the night.

I closed the door standing with my back to it before sighing... "I'm in trouble now," I said smiling slightly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N- this by far is my favorite chapter! I hope y'all love it as much as I do 😊