X

Namjoon tries not to show how infatuated he is with Jin as they sit down to eat their take-away. He's not sure how well it's going, he's sure he's been talking way too much and maybe making tall promises on his own capabilities to write new songs for Jin.

It'll be okay though, he'll rope Yoongi-hyung in to help him if he gets stuck. It'll be worth it even if Yoongi makes fun of him.

Jin has opened his food and is stirring the sauce into his noodles and Namjoon can't help but to think of the V-live's he's watched where Jin would do a mukbang with the fans. He's watched some of those multiple times, when he had to eat alone and felt pathetic enough. Fuck, he's such a fanboy.

Jin looks up from his food, "Something wrong with your order Namjoon-ssi?"

"No, no, and just call me Namjoon, please" Namjoon trails off and hurries to get his own food out. He'd gone with gimbap as he didn't want to risk sauces and making a mess in front of Jin.

They eat in silence for a few minutes, Jin's manager sitting in a chair a few meters away, on her phone and giving them the illusion of privacy when the door opens and Jimin and Jungkook walk in with their entourage.

"Oh, no," Namjoon whispers under his breath.

"Hey, hyung," Jungkook greets him with a grin and plops down to sit next to Namjoon. He doesn't even try to protect his plate as Jungkook reaches over and steals a piece of Gimbap from his plate.

"Oh, hello Seokjin-ssi. I had heard you joined the company, weird how we haven't bumped into each other here before now. Nice to meet you again," Jimin says and bows, much more polite than Jungkook, before he comes to sit at the table as well.

"We ordered lunch too, but we still need to wait for ours. Hoseok-hyung went to get Yoongi-hyung." Jimin continues and also steals a piece from Namjoon's plate.

"Nice to meet you too Jimin-ssi. I think we've talked at a few parties, I've seen you around with Taehyung a lot," Jin says and offers both Jimin and Jungkook a smile. It looks a bit formal to Namjoon and that makes him think Jin had actually let his guard down a bit when it had been just the two of them. The thought makes him preen a little.

The conversation drifts into general industry talk and gossip from there. Jimin and Jungkook talk about dance practice, as they're preparing for a comeback in a month and Jin commiserates with them about sore muscles.

Yoongi-hyung and Hoseok join them and Namjoon spots how they stop holding hands as soon as they see Jin. Namjoon doesn't think Jin saw them enter as he'd been looking at something Jungkook's showing on his phone, but he still feels bad that his friends think they need to hide, even in their own company.

Hoseok and Jin also know each other by passing already and in the end they all have a pleasant lunch together. Namjoon knows he shouldn't feel grumpy about having to share Jin's time with the others, but still secretly wishes it could have been just the two of them a bit longer.

It's nice to see Jin relax as lunch progresses, losing his arrow straight posture and seeing him smile and laugh a bit more genuinely at the banter going around. It's also fun to realize Jin actually seems to enjoy lame puns and that it wasn't just part of his shtick or persona.

Jin's manager comes to hover by their table eventually and says to Jin, "I got a text that your car is waiting downstairs."

"Thank you," Jin says and gets to his feet.

"Thank you all for the company for lunch. It was really nice to get to know you all a bit better."

Namjoon stands up as well, "Uh, I'll just walk you to the elevator."

Jin raises an eyebrow but nods, "Sure."

"Hope to see you soon," Jimin says between bites of his food.

"I meant it, come by next week, I'll show you a few songs," Yoongi-hyung says, over Hoseok's and Jungkook's farewells.

"Thanks, I will," Jin says and lets the manager usher him out of the room.

Namjoon makes a note to work on a few songs really quickly too. Damn Yoongi-hyung and his hundreds of songs he has just laying around, waiting for artists to pop up. He really doesn't want to be outdone right out the gate.

The walk to the elevator is short and as the manager presses the call button Namjoon gathers his nerve and takes out his phone.

"I hope it's not too presumptuous to ask but do you want to exchange contact information? We can of course go through the managers to make appointments, but this is a bit more quick generally."

Jin nods and takes out his phone as well, "Sure, that sounds like a good idea."

Jin calls his phone after Namjoon rattles off the number.

"Looking forward to working with you," Jin says and bows as the elevator arrives.

"Me too. Let's make your next album a great big hit," Namjoon offers, bows and waves at Jin as the doors close.

After Jin and the manager are gone, Namjoon groans and leans his forehead against the wall for a moment.

"Lets make your next album a great big hit!" Yoongi-hyung says behind Namjoon in a mocking tone.

"Go away," Namjoon groans.

"Nope. So how was it, having lunch with your crush? Meeting him finally?"

"Shut up," Namjoon says brilliantly and presses the elevator button, hoping it'll come to whisk him away from all of this embarrassment.

Yoongi cackles and pokes Namjoon in the side with his pointy little gremlin fingers.

"You did pretty well. I have to admit. Almost no mooning at him and you didn't drool even a little."

"Thanks," Namjoon says and admits defeat and turns to face Yoongi-hyung.

"Good job getting his number too, are you going to ask him out? Confess your everlasting love? Beg him to let you suck his dick? All of the above?"

Namjoon sighs and tries not to show any outward sign of weakness, as that's always a big mistake. Yoongi-hyung isn't the worst when it comes to teasing, but he's known Namjoon for ten years so he knows all the soft spots and how to poke them.

"I'm gonna be a professional, you ever heard of that?"

Yoongi-hyung makes a farting noise with his mouth and steps into the elevator with Namjoon, both of them heading back to the studio floor now that lunch is over.

"You're not gonna let this chance go by. You've had a thing for that dude for years and now you actually have a chance to get into his pants. You keep comparing all the guys you date to Seokjin-ssi anyway, so just get the real deal."

"How am I supposed to do that? I already admitted to him I'm a fan of his. Asking him out would just make me seem like a sasaeng. And I have not compared my dates to him, that would have been completely unfair to them."

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "Sure you haven't. And okay, maybe wait a few days before asking him out so you don't seem like a crazy fan, but if you haven't done it in a month I'll stage an intervention. and I'll ask Hoseok and his idiot bandmates to help, so you know it'll be incredibly embarrassing. So that's your warning. I know you work best under pressure anyway."