The Purpose of the Thing

I have no doubt in my head that I'm going to be alright but this writers block is getting on my nerves!!! But nevertheless here is another great chapter. *poof* Tada.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

The Purpose of the Thing

Journal Entry #6671

Why do I get into these messes?!? I'm seriously thinking of hiring a stand in for courtly affairs. If one more person tries to assuage their guilt over my parents dying, I will not be held accountable for the murder that will occur. I'm SERIOUS!! One minute I'm about to meet the prince and the next, BOOM, 'I'm so sorry about your parents dear, I remember when they... Blah, blah, blah.' I hate it. Say what you're really thinking. That you were jealous of them, that you wanted to be them and stop trying to reminisce with a daughter that is still grieving! Granted I've already moved on with my life, but still.... Mood killer.

----------------------------

Celestia felt like everything was one of those blurs that everyone talks about but she never really experienced....... Until now.

The workers around the castle were getting prepared for the princes arrival and the ever so hated ball, which was going to be held the night of the princes' arrival. I felt no end to the amount of dread that filled my every moment. Even in my sleep. Cels really loved her sleep..... Until now.

One of the few joys that is keeping me sane was the fact that our family had a monumental amount of crazy liberally sprinkled among them. The witch loathed the family, she never brought them around after father died. They were the only ones that drove her to a point of insanity that even she didn't dare venture to. Even though the witch was a queen of crazy. Literally and figuratively. (It was quite amusing at one party watching her hair fall out. A drunk half-faery on her fathers side cast a partial spell accidentally. Celest didn't think it was entirely an accident. Puck had a serious glint in his eye despite his drunkeness). I revel in the chaos that is blood.

Her relatives include Ella, her second cousin on her mothers side. She was visited by a faery that was appointed as her godmother. There was something that involved a pumpkin and glass shoes, but Celestia never really heard the whole story. There's Great Aunt Aurora, also on mothers side, who technically is the same age as Celest and Ali but also technically older than them. A long story that included sleeping spells, thorny castles, maybe a dragon. The story was told so many different times in different ways.

Celests favorite relatives mostly came from her fathers side of the family. Like Aunt Lillian who married Uncle Albert. He spent a decade as a frog because he insulted a visiting princes' wife on accident. Turns out she was a witch as well. Her magyck was drained during the transformation spell and it dropped her glamour. After the prince saw her and fell from under her spell as well his father, Sultan of Ashkabar, had her beheaded. Then there was Snow White. People have always said that Ali and Celest looked exactly like Snow and her twin, Rose Red, who passed before the twins were born. There were also many comparison to their mannerisms as well only that they had switched twins. Snow admitted that Alinora has her sisters countenance, but Celestia has a different personality all on her own.

The other sanity keeper for Celest was her training.

---------------------

"Celest!" Ceren called her for the umpteenth time.

"Yes," I said startled out of my sword training. Obvious now is the time to say that I get a bit engrossed in my training.

"Put the katana down. The prince will arrive any moment and you look like you've run a marathon through the woods," Ceren said in his usual deadpan manner.

"Really, I didn't know what sort of a time it was. Forgive me Ceren." I said fighting to keep a straight face. Apparently it worked for Ceren forgave me and ushered me into the castle.

The maidservants helped me get ready. They finished up just as a single coach approached from the west. I went down the stairs to greet the unwelcome guest only to find it wasn't Finn. He left before I could greet the man. Of course Ceren with his usual self, was unusually wringing his hands. He only did that when there was something seriously wrong.

Worrying me to no end I asked, "Ceren what is the matter?" As I pried his hands apart he couldn't look me in the eyes. Once he did I couldn't help but worry even more.

"That was the herald of Prince Finn. He has said that there were complications that arose so Finn would arrive at the ball."

"Yes and what else?" I asked impatiently.

"He also told me of news of your sister," he paused obviously not wanting to tell me the rest. i just looked at him until he finally composed himself enough to say, "She's been hurt."

I raced up the stairs as fast as I could and grabbed the mirror. I saw Ali staring into it, as she probably felt my panic.

"Before you start yelling at me Cels, I'm completely fine. I fell off my horse and they are blowing everything out of proportion," she rushed as fast as she could.

Breathing better because she explained, "That still doesn't give you a pass. Aren't you pregnant? You shouldn't be riding a horse period, Wheatie!"

"I know," she sighed, "but they were irritating me to death. I swear if I hadn't gotten out of there when I did, there would have been a very black and blue prince."

"Marital bliss, huh?" I snorted

"I love Charming but he hovers over me constantly. It's driving me bonkers. Besides the only reason I fell off the horse was entirely his fault.H-he tried t-to grab me before I got away and I fell on his, um, m-manhood." She said continuously growing more red as she finished the story. I guffawed enough to have a servant sent in to see what was wrong. After sending them away, I continued the conversation with Ali until we were satisfied.

After we finished up Ceren, with his impeccable timing, came and announced that the ball will start shortly. So I had better be properly dressed.

I guess it was time to face the musical interlude that I have always loathed with a fiery passion.

The ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this took forever getting finished. I should be updating on a more regular basis now. The story is half finished and I wanted to get this out ASAP.

Love, peace and happiness to you all!

~McDesiJ