Ch 1

Title: I'm gonna die

Hope you enjoy the story~

Kaito pov~

I can't keep running anymore. I'm way too tired, down to my wits end. My legs feel like they could collapse any moment. I had entered the forest in hopes of throwing them off my trail but I'm pretty sure they know I'm in the forest. Soft wind was blowing through the trees all around me, covering up all noise from my own steps. And yet, I'm sure it won't be nearly enough for me to vanish in. I couldn't use my hang glider either... not because it's broken but if I did then everyone will see the gunmen shooting me and I clearly didn't want to risk it. Well, not risk it for at least others safety because clearly mine has went down the drain as soon I stepped foot in this forest. I'm contemplating what I had done for this to happen to me. Oh right, I chose to actively ignore Akako's warnings WHICH she gave me 3 times but nope I just had to do this, didn't I? I know that it's definately not only the organisation but also someone else on my trail. Tired from Adreline as I am, I still had to organize my thoughts so that my chances of survival didn't escalate all because of recklessness. Okay, let's see my options in who it could be-

A. The police force AND task force

B. Detective (s) - all three of 'em

C. Satan

Let's see...

A. THEY ARE ALWAYS AFTER ME so that's obvious.

B. They're also ALWAYS after me (like is there no other crime in the city at the same time)

C. then well I don't know but I guess!! I mean he might as well. He would've thought that I'm gonna die anyway so why not chase this poor traumatized soul as well.

AND OF COURSE TRAUMA!! That's been there since dad died but seriously! How come no-one ever noticed! All the options are correct and incorrect! Why? Because I can. Deal with it.

Back to me running from my ultimate and very painful death!! Yeah I'm way too enthusiastic about it... The guy chasing me is most probably spider. Yes! Yes that pycho murderer is also after me! I mean, I get I'm hot but sorry! Haha look at me, I mean I know I'm gonna die but I'm still making such jokes and laughing at my pity! This is just *chef's kiss* perfect! Don't mind me just sprinkling the first chapter with sarcasm and fake happiness. It was just my luck to run into him on my heist. Screw that, I had been targeted. It was pretty obvious considering the snipers had also been getting replaced with more experienced ones lately. It was only a matter of time till Spider came to join the fun. And now, even with a working hangglider, I have no possibility of escaping with it.

I can't hold on much longer and yet I can feel him behind me, smirking under his mask, because he has me and he knows it. I feel sick, very sick. And also utterly paranoid. The world is spinning but I know if I stop then everything I ever worked for would be for nothing. I wouldn't be able to stop them, wouldn't be able to return to anyone, wouldn't be able to protect the ones I love, and most of all wouldn't be able to make my father's death worth it. In the end, everything will be nothing but a waste of resources, energy, time, money and whatnot. I'll never be able to tell Aoko or keibu, people I see as a second family, about the truth and if they do find out by my death, they'll never know the reasons, they'll be crushed and will hate me forever. Even as dead, I wouldn't be able to take that. I hurts to even think about it happening. What if, snake finds out who I am and decides to kill Aoko, keibu, mom, Jii-chan or even Hakuba since he actively claims that he knows who Kaitou KID is. No. I wouldn't let that happen, EVER.

...

I clearly shouldn't have gone into the woods, I mean, it's not like I know how to hide a white suit in a forest where I've never been before! All I know is the throbbing inside my leg is becoming worse and worse with every step; my old wound hadn't fully healed yet and this didn't exactly help. I'm going deeper in the woods but that'll soon trap me between the options of-

A. Die from blood loss and exhaustion

B. If I somehow don't die from that then I'll die of starvation in the woods where no-one can find my dead body. Like I won't even get any visitors or flowers and that's RUDE as af to the dead... I guess or think at least but it will be rude to me! Dang that just sounds depressing!

C. Get eaten by wild animal that most likely to be a bear or a wolf... Will it hurt or will it be over in snap? I'm contemplating my life choices here people! I didn't even write a will and a (what you say it). Meh...

D. Get killed by these cold blooded, cold hearted, cold everything murderers and let them have the satisfaction of killing me themselves. Hell naw!! I'd rather die to my own death by jumping of a cliff! But I wonder if they kill me with a gun straight in the heart or the head then maybe it won't be painful? Hmmmmmmmmm...

E. Get killed by spider. No. That us just no. I'm not even considering, not that I ever will. That guy won't kill me, or at least not soon. He'll take pleasure in torturing not only my body but my soul! That sick bastard! So that's always been a hell no.

I can't handle it anymore. My feet are too tired, I'm out of breath and whole body is aching from lack of oxygen. My legs give out and I fall *splat* on the floor (hehe I like the sound of that). I turn on my back so I can breathe better which seems to be a task too hard right now. My vision starts going blurry and dizziness and nausea come hugging me like a grizzly bear. Yeah I need to work on my analogy. I'm pretty sure anyone can hear my panting and frantic breathing from yards away... I'm not sure since my ears are ringing so bad that I think they might be bleeding? I know that these guys are still searching for me, waiting for me to come out all exhuasted and tired so that they can ambush me. Were they literally never going to give up? Yet I couldn't hear any steps among the dried twigs and leaves of the forest. Spider is still a bigger threat than Snake in my opinion. Speaking of Spider, where was he? I glanced left and right, in desperate hopes of spotting Spider. I can't hear anything through the ringing, though I can hear and feel my heart beat and pulse so hard, I mean, I can literally the heart beating rapidly against my ribcage, burning lungs demanding more oxygen and the blood pumping through my veins. Note: not a pleasant feeling. Now that I think about it, it's not supposed to be an exactly pleasurable either. The nausea wave comes again and I have to somehow get up and crouch so that I don't throw up with an empty stomach. Balancing on my feet for a crouching position was hard, but I just barely managed to not go toppling down on the ground again.

My ears are still ringing but it's getting better and the adrenaline is leaving my body. Wait. Oh no. I won't be able to survive if the adrenaline leaves my body. I try to get up but my back couldn't handle it and I fall harshly back on the floor knocking the somewhat breath in me out. I feel I'm gonna die. Why am I not dead yet? Oh wait I can't die, I need to escape, go to school tomorrow, speaking of school, did I complete my homework? Oh and, return the jewel to it's owner.

I put my hand on my pocket and feel the gem I put in there. Yup, it's still there. Maybe I should lay down for a little while longer to get something energy because, honestly, I feel like shit. My whole body is shaking and trembling harshly so I guess that's enough reason for me to try and calm down, I guess. The chase is not over yet either. I wonder how long this will take...

Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale

My eyes flutter close but I forcefully open them again. No falling asleep or passing out. Nope. Not an option. Not right now at least. My body takes the chance to take a rest gladly. Breathing through my mouth to get as much air as I can manage to get, I start to feel my muscles relaxing a little, the shaking subsiding just a little-

Snap

1501 words of the chapter

How was it?

Comment? Reviews? Should I make a longer chapter?