The Bad Batch

The battle for Anaxes! One of the Republic's largest shipyards is under attack from Admiral Trench's Separatist forces! Jedi Generals Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker lead a two-pronged assault on the ground and in the air. But after weeks of heated battle and mounting losses, the Republic's grip on Anaxes begins to slip away....

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker overlook a holographic representation of their forces.

Windu: The droids have overrun our main production facility

Windu: The droids have overrun our main production facility. It won't be long before the Separatists take Anaxes, compromising our entire reserve fleet.

Rex and Cody then walk in.

Cody: Pardon the interruption, General, but Rex here has a good theory as to why we keep, uh... losing.

Windu: Please, Captain.

Rex: The droid army uses analytics to predict our strategy. The first time we use a tactic, it's very effective. The next, less so. In fact, the more we use a certain tactic, the less effective it becomes. The learn our tendencies and use that data against us. To counter them, we're constantly working out ways to vary our attack.

Windu: But the losses we are experiencing on Anaxes are not commonplace.

Rex: Exactly. The counterattacks are so specific, it's my strategy the droids know, my playbook.

Cody: My concern is that Rex is one of our best. If the droids can learn to defeat him, we may all be vulnerable.

Windu: What do you propose?

Cody: Let Rex and me take a small squad behind enemy lines. There's a Separatist Cyber Center which relays all battlefield intel to their command ship. If we're going to find anything, it will be there.

Windu: If you think it'll help turn this fight around, get going.

Rex: Thank you, General.

Anakin: Rex, is there anything else?

Rex: ... No, General.

The two Clone leaders walk away.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

In the bunks, Rex is sitting alone looking at a picture of him, Cody, Fives, and Echo.