Chapter Four: A Change is Gonna Come

Even after the seeing 2040 President elect Lil Huddy absolutely loose it after someone asked him about his nonexistent talent, nothing can compare to the wrath of Karen Kiszka.

Being a fan of Greta Van Fleet in 2060, I didn't know as much about the band as someone from the 2010's or 2020's did. I still new the basics; where they were from, their siblings names, and of course their parents names, so I of course knew who Karen was.

Seeing as though I had dreamt of marrying Jake Kiszka, this was not my ideal first impression of his mom.

"Let me explain mom!" Jake pleaded, trying his best to calm his mom down.

"Jacob, how dare you betray me and your fathers trust?! We specifically said no people over, and specifically no girls!" She yelled.

Papa Kiszka was actually in the room too, but just in the corner, not saying a word.

"It's not that simple mom. Please, just let me explain." Jake continued.

Long story short, Jake told his mother that they found me in the yard and I had amnesia, so they're trying to help me remember where I live. At first I thought she wouldn't buy it, but to my surprise she welcomed me with open arms and invited me to stay as long as I needed...except from now on I have to share a room with Ronnie.

At Dinner

Dinner was the Kiszkas was definitely a memorable experience. I had imagined it many times, but nothing can beat the real thing.

To start, Josh kept throwing bread at Ronnies head, resulting in him getting yelled at. Sammy didn't want to eat his vegetables, so Kelly told him he couldn't have desert...this made him cry. Jake on the other hand, was wolfing everything down like this was his first time ever eating. In addition to all this, everyone was talking over each other, so I just stayed quiet.

"Hey Y/n," Jake said after taking a drink of water. "Your coming to see us play tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah Y/n. You have to!" Josh said in between mouthfuls of bread.

"Yeah," I said nodding. "I'll be there."

"Great," Jake said as he looked at me and smiled. "It's at Jans Bar, where we had our first gig. First thing in the morning we're gonna meet up with Danny to practice, so you and Ronnie can meet us there at ten."

I nodded at him.

Later That Night

That night I helped Karen clean up the kitchen, then I played a board game with Sammy and Ronnie. Sammy wanted to play Candy Land, and flipped the board when he had to go all the way back to the peppermint forest, so that time was mainly spent of me and Ronnie picking up the pieces to the game that fell on the floor.

After that, we all went into the living room, joined by Jake and Josh, to watch a movie. I sat between the twins, while Ronnie and Sam sat in the other chairs. We decide upon "Pulp Fiction." Well...Josh decided that and we just had to agree. He was going through a Tarantino phase, as Jake put it. He was telling me about his short films during the opening credits. He actually sounded really passionate about it.

A while later, Karen and Kelly entered the room.

"Me and your dad are going to go see Dan and Lori. We'll be back in a few hours. Love you." Karen said.

The Kiszkas said their "I love you's" and goodbyes to their parents as they walked out the door. Not even a second after it closed, the sibling turned to each other with a shared look on their faces.

"Get it, Sammy." Veronica said, and smiled.

Sam jumped up from his chair and ran into his room. I just sat there, very confused.