busted

→ chapter 1

FUCKING FANTASTIC. All you wanted was to go home and get some well-deserved rest, but no. Here you were stuck in an elevator with a dunce who could barely tell left from right. How funny was it that you happened to like this dunce?

"Y/N, if I die, tell Mimi I love her," the yellow-haired man muttered.

You looked beside you to see the said man lying on the floor, shielding his eyes from the light in the elevator, and rolled your eyes at his behavior.

"Stop acting like you're gonna die. We'll be outta here, and you can go back to your precious Mimi," you murmured tiredly.

The yellow-haired man brushed his golden locks from his forehead and groaned.

"You've said that like eighty times, and we've been stuck here for over an hour!"

"You're going to give me a headache."

As the elevator grew silent, you relaxed and leaned against the wall of the elevator. Denki flipped around a couple of times before settling on laying on his stomach.

You wondered what else you two could do.

You'd already called maintenance, and they hadn't gotten back to you two. You tried calling your bosses, but they weren't picking up.

It seemed like you two would be stuck unless a miracle came along.

"Were you planning on doing this weekend?"

You glanced down, then stared back at the opposite wall.

"Sleeping. What about you?" you responded.

The yellow-haired boy beamed, happy you were willing to engage in a conversation.

"I was supposed to hang out with Sero and Kirishima, but they bailed," he said, messing with his bangs.

You hummed in response.

"So what're you gonna do now?" you asked.

"Maybe mess with Bakugo? I don't really know."

You hummed again, and silence filled the tiny space again. The silence was abruptly ended when the emergency phone started ringing. Startled, you and Denki jumped.

You quickly crawled to the phone and picked it up.

"Hello?"

Denki sat back and watched as you shook your head and murmured small words.

"Mhm. Ok, thank you."

You hung up the phone and crawled back to your spot. You sighed in relief and pulled your coily hair from your face.

"What did they say?" he asked jitterily.

"I'll give you good news, then the bad," you told him.

"Good news, they'll be able to fix whatever's happening with the elevator."

"And the bad news?"

"We'll have to wait about 4 hours before they can fix it."

As expected, the yellow-haired man groaned and threw his head back.

"So we're just supposed to wait here for 4 hours?! I need to feed Mimi!"

He glanced to his right at the papers he was supposed to deliver.

"Guess Mr. Aizawa isn't getting his reports," he muttered.

You sighed and reached for your purse. You rummaged through it until you found what you were looking for. You gathered your hair into a high puff and tied it using the hair tie you found. You took off your heels as well and unbuttoned the first two buttons to your striped, collared shirt.

Unbeknownst to you, Denki was watching your every move.

Feeling eyes on your back, you turned around to see your blonde coworker staring right at you.

"You got a staring problem or something?" you questioned.

He frantically shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, I just didn't think you'd be one for doing that in public places," he muttered.

"What are you-"

"Nevermind!" he said, smiling awkwardly.

Putting whatever that was aside, you made yourself comfortable in the corner opposite Denki.

"I don't know nor do I wanna know what you were on about, but I'm just trying to make myself comfortable," you explained.

"That makes sense," he responded.

He began to make himself comfortable in his corner, seeing as he was going to be there for a while.

He cupped his face in his hands and looked forward towards you.

"You know, there is a way we can pass time," he said, smirking.

Picking up on what he was insinuating, you picked up your heel and threw it at him.

"Face the damn wall."

"My bad-"

→ word count - 707