Chapter 20

/A/N/ Wow... It's been six months since I updated this... I am so sorry.

I haven't written anything for the past half year so please forgive me if the writing is terrible, I tried my best.

Third person view

Karina anxiously awaits for the arrival of more Voltaris. Initially, they had been trying to make a detailed plan to kill Relina, but now that she had found their base of operations, she would need to form a new plan. Fast.

For a long time, she's been trying to gather the support of more Voltaris, knowing that she would need much more forces if she is to go against the Voltaris Master, who wields three Prime Songs, and not to mention the Voltaris on her side, including Senn (OD), Hana and Freya, who are all capable fighters. She had been planning to ambush Relina once she was sure the resistance was strong enough, but things have turned for the worst. It was either win, and possibly bring Relina down, or lose everything they have done for the past years. And the resistance is at a serious advantage, being unprepared.

Karina glances down at the path leading to Ataraxia, only to see glimpses of red lights. They're here... She spins around to face two other Voltaris, ' Lead everyone to defend the entrance!' she commands, ' If Relina is looking for a fight, we will give her one!' The two Voltaris nod, rushing out of the room. Karina's eyes dart over to a sword on a table. She picks it up, ' It's now or never,' she tells herself, then runs out of the room.

~*~

' We shouldn't have trusted you,' Loris spits, his tone filled with disgust.

' Honestly, I'm disappointed, how could you even think to stand a chance against Relina?' Loran tells them, ' Our clan master, who wields three Prime Songs!'

' At least we're not mindless servants like you,' Loran snaps, ' If you think Relina would even care about you, you're-'

' - wrong?' Loran finishes, then chuckles, making both his siblings tense up, ' I know full well she hates me... Just like everyone else does. I have my reasons for staying with her.'

' Let me guess, it has something to do with Mother?'

' She's alive, I know it,' Loran says, ' I will find her, and I will find out why she left us in the first place.'

' When will you get over it? Mother died when retrieving the Supporium Prime Song!' Loris yells at him.

Lora looks uncertainly at Loran, before saying, ' Brother... You don't have to do this...' she tells him, trying her best to sound gentle, ' After all this is over, we can help you-'

' Help?' Loran cuts him off, ' I didn't need your help then, I don't need it now.' With that, Loran summoned his Mobilium Song under him.

Lora rolls to the side as a portal opens above her, Loran plunging his trident down, grazing her left arm. Lora pulls out her baton, swinging it at Loran, who leaps over it before sending a kick in her face, making her stumble backwards.

Loris charges forward with his spear, narrowly missing Loran. Loran kicks his legs, causing him to trip, giving Loran an opening to strike, but his trident is interfered by Lora's baton, and she forces him back.

Lora pulls her baton apart into two to give herself the edge, and Loran finds it difficult trying to counter her attacks. It gets more troublesome as Loris joins in again, Loran barely managing to hold off against three weapons. Although he wanted to, he couldn't gather the concentration to summon his Mobilium Song.

One of Lora's attacks hits true, and Loran groans in pain as his waist meets the hard metal. Loran grabs her baton, flipping Lora over him and crashing into Loris.