chapter 7

"Y/N, come on, it's time to get up.~" You hear Yakko's sing-songy voice. You groaned, sitting up as the smell of pancakes hit your nose.

"Did you cook?" You asked.

"Yep, I made pancakes. Last one in there has to sit on the others lap!" He said, smirking. You got up and ran past him. He stood there, dumbfounded. You grabbed a plate of pancakes, sitting down and patting your lap as you smirked at him. He groaned, doing as he had to. Luckily for you, he was pretty light.

"Can we take turns doing this? This is no fun." He said, crossing his arms. You smiled, shaking your head. He sighed, standing up and picking you up anyway. You yelped, as he sat back down and did so anyways. You facepalmed.

"You still not sober yet?" You asked. He blushed slightly.

"Rude, um, of course I am!" He said.

"That explains the half drank wine bottle sitting on the counter." You said. He yelped, getting you out of his lap and throwing it back in the fridge.

"You just broke the bottle didn't you?"

"..."

"Alrighty, well it's about time you go to work for the day! I'll see you later my angel!" He said, pecking your lips. You smiled, rolling your eyes, and leaving to walk to the animation building.

You approached, seeing a few of your coworkers walking out with boxes.

Oh boy.

You couldn't tell what was happening, whether people were done with their work and moving on to another job or if people were just quitting. You walked in, heading straight to the boss's office.

"Excuse me? Do you know why so many people are leaving?" You asked, as you walked in.

"I'd like to have a quick word with you, Y/N." She gestured for you to take a seat.

"Long story short, the company has decided to cancel this movie. They never gave us any warning, and now they're basically telling us to scram." She said, sighing. You shook your head in disbelief.

"But, w-what about my apartment? I can't live in the apartments here if I'm not working here!" You said, in panic. She sighed.

"I'm incredibly sorry, Y/N. I suggest packing up. Otherwise they'll end up just kicking you out instead. Only people who have paid their rent early are allowed to stay until next month." She said, upset. You nodded, leaving. You went to your office, tears now running down your face. You were now jobless, and at this point, homeless too. You cleaned out your office, leaving the building you don't know you'd ever see again.

Walking to the apartments, you looked around the movie lot. You didn't want to leave this place. It meant a lot to be working here for you.

Walking into your apartment, you dropped the box on the floor, collapsing on the couch. You felt so lost. You couldn't stay with Alex, since she moved away last month. Impulsively, you called Yakko, knowing he would be able to help.

He arrived at the door, opening it since it was already unlocked.

"Hun, you alright? What's the box for?" He asked, walking to the couch and sitting beside you. You shook your head.

"Yakko, I just lost my job and home all in the same day. I-I don't know what to do." You teared up, putting your hands to your face and leaning over. He became concerned, rubbing his hand on your back.

"Look, Y/N, I'll let you stay with us until you can get yourself a new home. Heck, stay as long as you want. It'll be okay! I'll even help you find a new job." He said, smiling. You sighed, wiping your tears.