The curse of uncertainty.

God, she was always uncertain. She couldn't even decide what she liked and what she hated, let alone who she was or what she'd do. 

And so here she was, forced into yet another decision that she couldn't bear to make by herself. 

She awoke with a jolt, black strands covering her slightly damp forehead. She was sweating, which brought a grimace to her features. She sighs, closing her eyes for a moment, hoping she hadn't made too much of a ruckus to alert her consciousness to-

"Thank god you're awake! I got so bored that I actually slept! Slept, Tamsin!" 

The mentioned girl groans, opening her eyes again, eyes widening as she looks outside. They were just landing in Queens, and they could see tall buildings litter the area, swarms of people, busy city life. 

"I know right, I'm actually super nervous..." The other girl wipes her sweaty hands onto her blue ripped jeans. Tamsin nods slowly, swallowing thickly, before attempting to listen to the excited clamors of people, specifically her friend beside her. 

They began toward the exit, the cacophony of American accents and honking cars filled their ears as they searched for the sign. 

Their eyes lit up when they saw them, and they rushed forward. 

"Kerrie! Tamsin! Welcome to Queens!" The woman beamed, to which they smiled back gratefully. 

Their new host family. Tamsin twirled her hair between her fingers, fixing her fringe before sighing deeply. Her main concern was that she wouldn't be able to drink while she was here, as she wasn't 21. Stupid American laws. 

She shoves her hands into her jeans pockets, baggy strips of fabric that hung from her low hips, topped with a chain that dangled from her waist. The oversized jacket was, admittedly, not a good option for her, the weather here was so much warmer than she was used to. She should have heeded her friend's warning, who was donning a much more suitable array of clothing, a white crop-top that clung to her body, complimented with more fitted ripped jean shorts and vans. 

"Thanks." Tamsin eventually said, noticing that Kerrie was far too busy enjoying the new scenery. The older woman smiled and began walking them out of the large airport. 

"No problem, You'll start classes tomorrow, I'm sure you're tired so let's get you home to rest, okay? You can exchange your currency there, I'll be waiting outside. " The woman gives them a bit of space to think and to exchange their money which they did, muttering to each other about how weird this was and how fake it felt. Kerrie turned toward the short-haired girl and simpered. 

"I hope we meet some hotties." She joked before Tamsin retorted. 

"Of course you do. I do love how you act as though you'd even handle a relationship with someone. Sagittarius having ass." She snickers, to which Kerrie punches her shoulder gently.

"Y'know what?? Shut up..." She rolls her eyes, and the two began their descent into the lives of an American that night, filled with new foods, sounds, and experiences. 

| Ⅰ |-----| Ⅰ |

An alarm clock rang out against sleeping ears, to which Tamsin groaned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes, yawning. Their first morning in America. Wasn't anything special, but Kerrie seemed to want to start the day off perfectly, and so for once she was actually already awake.