17

~🏖️~

Skye was sitting in front of the boat with Kie and Pope while John B was standing at the back of it. JJ was driving to the coordinated of where the Royal Merchant should be. "Alright, JJ. Pin it here!" John called out.

"Roger that! X marks the spot!" He spun the wheel just a little bit. 

John B pulled out the ROV as Pope started setting up the screen and equipment needed to see what was in the water. 

"Alright ladies and gentlemen," John B said, holding the ROV in his hands tightly. "To going full Kook!" before placing it into the water. 

Skye was watching to make sure the tether wasn't getting caught on anything, along with helping Kie pull the line. Pope was maneuvering the ROV down into the water, and John B was watching the monitor. JJ was at the wheel as John B gave him direction of where to go.

"JJ, were right over it," he looked at the tracker in front of him. "Ten seconds northwest!" 

JJ followed his instructions, while Kie kept the tether going down deeper into the water.

"100 feet!" Skye called out to the group, before smiling at Kie seeing the red line indicated the first hundred feet of the tether.

They kept waiting for the tether to stop, but it seemed like was going to take forever. But just when they though they were getting closer, dark clouds started appearing. 

"Guys, dark clouds, dark clouds!" Pope started panicking like a little boy, freaking out about the weather. 

"Pope, calm down we're fine," Skye gave him a sincere look. "Just focus on what's at hand."

Pope nodded, still a little panicked but continued his task. Skye knew the total panic written all over his face because she had seen it in herself too often. It wasn't the same type of panic, but it something she had grown used to seeing. 

Skye chuckled as Kie called out the 400 feet mark. Thunder clapped in the sky as she turned her head to look up seeing clouds slowing entering their area. It was going to be hell for them if that storm started.  "The tide's turning!" Skye warned everyone, looking down at the waters quicker movements.

"JJ! Ten seconds easy, south-south east," John B called out to him, looking at the tracker.

JJ nodded turning the wheel again. The storm was still picking up rapidly, and the winds were becoming harsher, JJ having a hard time controlling the direction of the boat.