31.

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

three months later

"Hey, can you move that right there, in the middle?" Hazel told one of the workers who was help setting up her mother's baby shower. They man did as instructed. It was hot out and as big as yard was there was enough shade for them have the shower outside. Decorations hung up nicely above the entry where her mom would walk.

Hazel ran up to the drive way to plant the sign. She was glad she had family members that had small businesses. They came in handy for parties such as this.

Hazel used her stretch to make sure it was in there deep

Hazel used her stretch to make sure it was in there deep. So if the wind blew it wouldn't knock it over. She went back to the house and continued to make sure everything was in the right place. Looking up at the sky it looked like it was getting dark.

"Please Lord, hold back the rain." Hazel prayed. Her phone rang and she saw Harlow's name flashing across the screen. Her heart began beating at a rapid pace. They hadn't talked since February on Valentine's day. She contemplated on answering. Swallowing her pride, she put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Hazel rubbed down on the cloth thag covered the chairs, smoothing them out.

"Hey. Uh, how are you?" Harlow asked,  sounding nervous.

"Fine. Yourself?" Hazel kept her responses short. She had every right to. Harlow did call her, not the other way around.

"I'm okay, um is it okay if I stop by? I saw that you posted a lot on facebook and snapchat about your mom's shower. I bought some stuff for the baby." Hazel felt a little flustered. Out of the two months of not talking to each other Harlow had all that time to to text and try to work things out with Hazel but now that there's a special occasion she wants to pop out.

"Yeah sure." She shrugged, holding her tongue.

"Okay cool, I'm on my way." Hazel nodded as if Harlow could see her.

"Okay." Hazel hung up, sliding her phone back in her pocket. Now things were about to be awkward, Hazel felt but she would try her best to just stay away from Harlow. At the end of the day it wasn't about their broken friendship but about the baby.