𝟎𝟐 | 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐏

♥

"Here." You slid a bottle of water on the wooden desk, feeling your cheeks flush as the man lifts his head groggily. His eyes slowly trailed over to the bottle before him and sat up, staring into your e/c eyes.

You were about to leave for class but seeing Xiao sleeping alone in a corner made you feel a bit depressed. You decided to buy a water bottle from a vending machine as a means to get closer to him.

However, you did not expect such a hostile response.

"What do you want from me?" Xiao sends a deathly glare, to which you responded with a smile.

"What do you mean? Is it not allowed to try to be closer to my soulmate?"

The word made his brow twitch, his hand kneading his forehead as if he were dizzy. Just thinking about the whole concept of soulmates made him mad.

"I don't need a soulmate. Nor am I interested. I'll give you a word of advice. Give up," he stands, causing Y/n to back away a few steps. With a narrowed side-glance, Xiao takes his bag and leaves the classroom.

"..." You took the bottle of water, the droplets dripping down the plastic container. "Looks like you and I just got rejected..."

With a small sigh, you quickly rushed to class.

-

"Oh dear companion, I, Prinzessin Der Verurteilung, dare ask how your commendable act of devotion and desire has treated you on this dazzling morning?"

Your deep sigh and slouched back answered for you and Fischl shakes her head, feeling a bit down as well when looking at your sullen state. She pats your shoulder in an attempt to comfort you.

"Heed my words, one who despairs. During twilight shall you prevail and obtain your wish as it is. Time is vital and experiences will guide you. Fear not, for mates bound by the string of fate will one day tie their knot!" she stands up, dramatically posing with a hand showing off her right eye.

"Thank you..." you forced a smile, munching on your sandwich dryly. You took the bottle of water you had brought for Xiao and stared at it for a moment.

With eyes darting left to right, front and back, you tried to find the boy that always stood out to you from the crowds.

"The one you seek is most definitely atop the floor that brings us close to the stars in the sky..." Fischl had noticed your peculiar actions and spoke with determined eyes.

You nodded and smiled in genuine gratitude before rushing off to the rooftop. It was lunchtime and it wouldn't be far off to guess that the lonesome boy was eating on the roof of the building, despite the signs that prohibit anyone from heading up.

Panting, you had arrived at the rooftop and found him. He was sitting on the flat ground, his cheeks puffed and moving. He was eating something from the container he brought. His relaxed figure and soft eyes made you feel strangely warm inside.

You had never seen him so peaceful and comfortable before.

In a place where no one blocked your sight and surrounded him, chattering away; where the air felt so much fresher than before.

As if noticing your presence, he looks up in sudden alarm,  his cheeks stopping when you slowly approached him.

His quiet lunchtime was ruined.

"What are you doing here..." he mutters, averting his eyes.

"What, I can't be here?" you teased, sitting next to him. He shifted away from you, slightly glaring at nothing in front of him.

"What is that?" you peered into the container he held and saw a flash of white. He quickly closed it, however, and you could only guess what the dish was.

Chuckling, you said, "You're quite shy, hm?"

"Think whatever you want," he stands up, brushing the dust on the back of his pants. He was about to take a step forward but you tugged at the ends of his shirt pleadingly.

"Come on, I climbed four sets of stairs for you... don't leave me behind..." you looked up, mustering your best puppy eyes. He flinched at the expression but tried pulling away regardless.

"You cruel being!" you exclaimed as his action only made you latch onto him tighter. "At least take the water bottle!"

"Why are you so dead set on clinging to me?!" he glares down at my pathetic arms, which were wrapped around his legs tightly. "How many times must I drill it in your head? I have no interest in you, even if you're my soulmate."

The way he spat "soulmate" hurt a bit. Rather than someone who is supposed to be on more than friendly terms with him, it sounded more like his lifetime nemesis.

Why does he dislike you so much? You haven't even done anything, yet those eyes already scorn you to the depths of hell.

"Love does not have to be returned. I like you, and that's period!" You stood with teary eyes. "Let me be selfish and love you, even if you don't."

The boy froze, his mouth agape in shock as he stared at you with wide eyes. With a few steps backward, he turns his head away, as if trying to hide.

"You stubborn mule..." he whispers. He wanted to run away from the spot so badly, yet your bold declaration of love kept him there for a while. He still could not get over the unexpected confession.

Why would someone ever like him? He did not understand you.

"Do whatever you want then, fool. I don't care," he mumbled. His ears were bright pink and you paused at the revelation.

"T-Thank you!" you blurted out.

"...weirdo," he then hurries down the staircase, the heat creeping up his neck. He found you peculiar yet silly but he would never admit that to your face. It would only fuel your desire to become intimate with him.

How he wished he never went to the rooftop that day.