7

Y/N'S POV-

     I walked out of Mitsuri-san's estate with a happy stomach . Her waffles were the absolute best. On my way to the forest, I thought about what kind of training I should give the demon slayers. As the earthquake hashira, what do I do for training....?

 I'd usually practice my swinging by cutting down thick trees. Maybe I should make them do that. 

Yeah, there we go, easy!

I was feeling good about this pillar training until I felt a small hand grab tight onto my sleeve. 

"Hello y/n, mind if I steal you for a bit," I hear a blissful voice next to my ear. I turned my neck around. My eye first saw an enchanting face with dark mysterious purple eyes and wonderful grin. 

"Shinobu-san! Ah I don't mind of course!" I was more than excited to see her. She looked lovely as always with her short hair in that colorful butterfly pin that matches her haori. 

"Where are we headed??" I asked.

"Did you already eat?" She asked. I nodded as I waited for her response. She looked down to the dark grass with a thinking expression.

"Follow me," She gracefully sprinted from tree branch to tree branch. Since I couldn't do the same, I ran behind her on the ground. I was a bit more slower than her. Of course I was, she's literally the fastest hashira. 

That woman was incredible in every shape or form. Change my mind.

After less than half an hour, we arrived to a wisteria forest.

My face awestruck as I stared around in my surrounding...the forest was extremely stunning, the purple glowing trees looked as if it was from some fairy tale. 

"Wow," I gasped.

"This is where I get my wisteria at to make poison," She explained.

"This forest is amazing! You should take me with you more often," I said. Shinobu-san looked pleasantly surprised with what I said. 

"I'd love to take you with me every time I come," she said. 

She pulled a few branches off the trees and tucked them inside her haori. Shinobu-san ran towards me, gripped onto my hand and dragged me to the biggest wisteria tree. 

We sat down next to each other, leaning on the rough bark. 

Shinobu-san and I didn't dare to speak for what it seem forever. I guess she wanted to enjoy the music of nature for a moment.

The melody of the birds, and the strong wind striking the trees making creaking sounds reminded of an orchestra. Many different things around us came together to make a song. 

"This forest is so comforting...And with you by my side, everything is a hundred times better ," she whispered. I felt my lips widening and my face warming up. 

"That's...so sweet of you," I thought of myself as an idiot for saying that, but I just wasn't sure how to respond to such heart warming words. 

She turned her face towards me and smiled. I felt myself gazing into those wisteria flower-like eyes. Shinobu-san never failed to make me some type of way whenever she looked at me straight into my eyes. 

Every time she got closer to my face, I had the urge to...kiss her. I knew it was very wrong of me to feel like this, but I couldn't blame myself. 

"Ever since my sister passed away, you have been my escape from this terrifying reality. I found comfort in your presence, and I don't want this to change," Shinobu-san closed her eyes and leaned her light head on my shoulder. 

I could feel her body vibrating next to me and both of our bodies connecting in some way. This was such a strange feeling. This moment was so precious to me, it felt as if the world was such a beautiful place, I even forgot that I lived in a cruel  world where you are forced to kill or be killed.

No such violent things existed while I was with Shinobu-san.

"We will end this cruelty, and then we will live our lives together," I said as I leaned my head on top of hers. 

I could hear her soft breathing and her hand reaching for mine. 

"You and me, always forever."

---------------------------------------------------
Here's some fluff for the soul. I hope ya'll liked it. Leave your thoughts in the comments<3