Chapter 5

Davids P. O. V
__________________________________

"Oh, H-hello! Good morning Y/N:)"
My voice stiffening a bit as I felt myself heat up a bit. Growing a smile as my heart felt like it was gonna explode.

"Hello David! Good morning to you too! So what you doing out here?"
She put her hand on her hip while she let her other arm just be. Hanging.
She gave a small smile and I finnaly spoke up.
"Oh! I was just getting some air! You know, it's kinda hot in there heh"

"Yeah, with all that cooking I guess it can get hot... So what we doing today?"

" Oh well it is still the weekend so we can do anything really! Just need to watch the kids most of the time though! Heh" I tilted my head a bit, it's a habit I have and I don't really mind. No one dose. When I did I could see Y/N's face go a little pink?
That's when I remember something!
" Oh! Y/N there's this event coming up Wednesday and I need some help!"

" Oh sure! What's the event about? "

"it's just a little party for the campers, a little break for us while they get along with all the other camps!"

" Sounds, fun! " She said, sparkling came to her eyes with a smile.

" Yeah, I should go and print out flyers now so I don't forget... Do you think you can.. " my voice trailed off at the end, tilting my head

" Yes Davey I can, I can watch the campers while you go and print the flyers. I'll be fine no worries! "

"Thank you Y/N! I'll be back soon! "
I started to walk off while I waved and  Y/N waved back. I seen her go inside the Mess Hall cabin with the other campers.
--------------------------------------------------------
Readers P. O. V
____________________________________

I went inside the Mess Hall as David walked off to go print the flyers for the upcoming event this week.
I sat down with Max, Nikki, and Neil.
They didn't mind. They said they liked that I sat down with them all the time.
Nikki said I'm fun to be around and Neil said I actually have some logic in my mind while Max just said that I'm not crazy annoying like David. I don't really think David as a bad perosn I think of him as a jolly happy person! A person someone can feel safe around! Speaking of feeling safe... That dream! It was a nice dream for sure but do I really have feelings for David? I mean sure his sweet, pretty, smells nice and makes me feel warm but isn't that how everyone else feels about him? Maybe it's because I was in the moment of the dream... I don't know! Ugh why is life so hard to understand?
-
"Hey Y/N! Where's David?"
Nikki sat up and had a smile

"Oh his just getting something ready for you guys."

"What is it?"

"It's-"

Max cut me off and spoke up saying what I was gonna say.

"It's the party on Wednesday, the thing David told us weeks ago."

"Hey I was gonna say that."

"Beat you to it didn't I?"

"You little devil"

"Thank you:)" he gave a evil smile and laugh, I shake my head a bit chuckling myself.

"So you and David are close"
He spoke up.

"Yeah I guess, why do you say that?"

"I don't know just seem like you guys really like eachother" he said leaning close to me.

" Max what? No no no! It's not like that. He just a really good friend that's all! Just over reacting a bit"
I sweated a bit to his words.

" Yeah Max! There like you and Neil! "
Nikki spoke up, I couldn't help but burst out laughing

" What? Nikki no! You don't get what I'm saying! God you slow"

I was still laughing.
Neil was just laughing to himself too

" Yeah, yeah Max"
Nikki sat down and started to eat her food with her hands.

Max settled down as he ate his food too and I soon stopped laughing and took a deep breath. I got up from my seat.

"I'm going to go get a drink"
I walked away to the kitchen as QM was in there too talking to the microwave.

"QM what are you doing?"
I was kinda weirded out by
How odd he acts... 100% of the time.

"Do not question the QM who has business to now attend. Goodbye"
He walked out scratching his nose on the way and leaving the Mess Hall.

"Uh okay?"
I slowly looked away and opened the fridge and grabbing a water. Opened it and took a drink.

"Hey Y/N I got the flyers done!"
I looked behind me to see David with a stack of paper.

"Great! Should we go hang them up now?" Giving a questioning look he gave a nod and we walked out telling the kids to behave as we go hang flyers.

We got outside and started to hang up the flyers around the camp then going to different camps and giving them invites too. Aka the flower scouts and wood scouts. It took around a 1hr but I say it was pretty nice. As me and David where putting up our few last papers we had small talk.

"So Y/N, before you came here did you have any family?"

"No not really I just lived by myself, my family isn't really around that much"

"Oh, so do you have any... Uhm, love interest's?"
He said with slight embrasment in his voice. I didn't mind the question.

" Oh god no! I'm very much single and don't have anyone at home I look forward to dating. "

" Oh.. " his voice trailed off a bit.

" Do you? "

" Heh well I use to be with a relationship with someone but uhm, we went separate"

" Oh David, I'm sorry:("
I said looking at him. Giving a slight frown.

" Oh it's fine, it was for the best. For the both of us... "
He looked back to what he was doing and I did too.
Who would want to break up with David? His a really good guy!
That's just a stupid thing to do, I say at least.

"All done!" I hear him say, I was done too and we went to go walk around and check up on the kids. They where normally doing what they wanted. Well Max was just waking around messing with everyone and we'll him being him.

"You know David, I really do like it here"

"You do?" He said with slight happiness in his voice. He gave a bright smile

"Yeah! It's a nice place and the kids here are great! And you and Gwen are really great people I can actually call friends"
I slightly blush a bit and give a smile.
He gave a smile and slightly blushed giving a slight chuckle " well Y/N I'm glad you like it here! You know your really great person... And! And heh good at handling the campers, they seem to like you"

"you  think so?" I said " I know so Y/N, I know. " He had his voice calm and I was happy he thought of me as a great person. He really is a good guy. Something a girl can love.

" So Y/N it's getting kinda dark, do you think it's time for them to head for there tents? " He said looking up at the sky, the moon was slightly going up as the sun that use to be up bright in the sky was no going down to rest for tomorrow. It started to feel slightly cold but not to cold. I looked around as the light where the campers where made it bright for them to see.

" Yeah, I think it's time to head for the tents"

End of chapter 5.
______________________________________
Hello hope you enjoyed! Sorry I made this chapter late, I was kinda busy at home watching a little monster! Heh anyway I'll be sure to post a chapter soon again hopefully not late at night!
Today was kinda crazy

I had to watch my sister's kid at 9AM, go to McDonald's so they can get ice cream but they fell asleep on the drive there then we went home and she started to cry because she missed her mom, then my sister got home and some other family members came to get something then uh something happened and it caused a little fight.
My sister was yelling over the phone with a family member and she was kinda pissed off and I was stuck downstairs with my brother in the kitchen. Waiting. It was sord of scary bruh💀 then I ate some cookies^^
Anyways! Good bye darlings! Have a good day/night!