Imagine- Steven Meeks

reader x meeks
summary: reader and meeks are pining for each other until meeks can't take it any more.
word count:1782
warnings: cursing, kissing
a/n: i know that this isn't how it goes in the movie but i kinda took creative freedom and ran with it so
——-

despite your deep hatred for Welton, study groups were one of the few things keeping you sane. whether you studied or not, you always felt more at peace when you were with your friends. so, when neil had introduced the idea of reading poetry in a cave with them, you were quick to support.

"C'mon! it will be exiting! it'll be..." neil paused thinking of a synonym. "...exhilarating," you added. "YES! exhilarating! keating himself said that poetry is food for the soul, so don't be starved! let's go!" neil stressed. The group started walking towards the door.

   "I don't know neil, it seems too risky," pitts debated. "How is it risky? we're merely indulging ourselves into some saspourus Whitman and maybe some Thoreau for dessert," you countered, neil chuckling . "Jeez, one poetry lesson and their already breathing shakespeare," meeks teased, earning a laugh from the group.

"Romanticizing ones vocabulary is not reserved for poets," you started, receiving a look from meeks, seemingly proving his point. "It's only reserved for intellectuals and those who wish the prove that they have a corpulent ass." Charlie laughed loudly and ruffled meeks' hair. "Then indulge me, fellow intellectual and fat asser," he turned and pointed towards neil, "I'm in." neil softly cheered and then faced knox about to plead for his presence. "No need to beg perry, I was sold at the 'food for the soul' bullshit." knox stated making neil grin.

-time skip brought to you by candice-

you were in the lounge, taking part in your daily study group. neil and knox were looking over a map to plan out the trail, while meeks and pitts worked on their radio. charlie was pestering cameron, and you were doing what you came here to do; study.

but even with your mind set on trigonometry, you kept sneaking glances at meeks. god you liked him so much. your conversations together may seem like playful banter, but they really had a deeper meanings behind them. well at least that how you meant it. you had absolutely zero idea how he felt about you, in fact, sometimes what he said about you felt true. like he really did think you were some melodramatic fool.

charlie sat down across from you, breaking your daydream and making you look down your textbook in order to cover your admiration. "So," you looked up at him, " a ginger, really?" charlie queried, louder than needed. you were shocked. you hadn't gone to great length to hide your love for the boy but you hadn't really advertised it either. "i beg your pardon?" you defended, in a quieter tone. "Oh hush, you could tattoo his name on your forehead and it still couldn't be more obvious." charlie remarked.

you suddenly felt exposed. you took a little bit of pride in your acting skills and then this smirk with legs had to come and rip it up.

"Listen here, chuck," charlie's face scrunched at the name. "you tell anyone about this your dead dalton, you hear me? defunct," you threatened, leaning in closer in order to conceal the conversation and intimidate the flirt. charlie raised his hands, surrendering, before zipping his mouth shut with an invisible zipper and locking it.

   "Now throw the key," you demanded. charlie gave you a 'really' look, to which you nodded. charlie rolled his eyes before blowing on the key, shaking it in his fist and whipping it at cameron. even though the key was imaginary, cameron still turned around confused. you and charlie burst out laughing, receiving a few glares from the other students who were actually trying to study, and just causing you and charlie to laugh more.