SIX- I Don't...Want To Die

Meanwhile, back at the hospital, Sherlock huffed out a noisy breath and opened his eyes, blinking a few times. Where was Anita? She never left him when he was in the hospital, even that one time she put him in there. Culverton breathed out noisily from his seat.

"You've been ages waking up. I watched you. It's quite lovely in its way," Culverton commented, quietly. Sherlock swallowed and looked towards him.

"Take it easy. It's okay. Don't want to rush this. You're Sherlock Holmes," Culverton continued, still just as quiet.

"How did you get in?" Sherlock questioned in a whisper. Culverton stood up and walked closer to the bed, pointing towards the door.

"Policeman outside, you mean? Come on. Can't you guess?" he asked, voice low. Sherlock's gaze turned to the wooden panel opposite his bed.

"Secret door," Sherlock explained.

"I built this whole wing," Culverton stated, looking up and twirling a finger around to gesture at the surrounding room.

"Kept firing the architect and builders so no-one knew quite how it all fitted together. I can slip in and out anywhere I like, you know...when I get the urge," said Culverton.

"H. H. Holmes," Sherlock stated as Culverton smiled.

"Murder castle, but done right. I have a question for you. Why are you here? It's like you walked into my den and laid down in front of me," Culverton stated and Sherlock lowered his eyes.

"Why?" Culverton pushed.

"You know why I'm here," Sherlock replied as he met Culverton's gaze briefly before lowering his eyes again.

"I'd like to hear you say it. Say it for me, please," Culverton commented, smiling. Sherlock fixed his gaze on Culverton before responding.

"I want you to kill me."

Culverton moved over to the side of the bed and rested his gloved left hand in the bed close to the end of Sherlock's left hand, which was set on the blanket. Anita had put it there mere minutes before Culverton snuck into Sherlock's room.

"If you increase the dosage four or five times...toxic shock should shut me down within about an hour," Sherlock stated as Culverton looked across to the drip stands. He straightened up and started to walk around the foot of the bed.

"Then I restore the settings. Everyone assumes it was a fault, or you just gave up the ghost," Culverton said with a smile.

"Yes."

"You're rather good at this," Culverton commented as he took his jacket off.

"Before we start...tell me how you feel," Culverton requested as he dropped his jacket onto the chair near the drip stands. He reached to the shirt cuff on his left hand and took out the cufflink.

"I feel scared," Sherlock replied, softly. Culverton scoffed, quietly.

"Be more specific. You only get to do this once."

"I'm...scared of dying," Sherlock answered as Culverton removed his right cufflink and put both of them onto the seat of the chair.

"You want this, though," Culverton stated as he rolled up his sleeves.

"I have...reason."

"But you don't actually want to die."

"No," replied Sherlock and Culverton smiled.

"Good. Say that for me. Say it," he ordered and Sherlock frowned slightly.

"I don't want to die."

"And again," Culverton requested.