Lyric•Nolan

Nolan

I really want to kiss her. She looks so concentrated. Her eyebrows are scrunched and she's biting her lip.

I don't even know if she likes me like that. I'm mean we've been hanging out a lot. Well studying but when we're done we usually go to the diner and get some fresh air.

She's so easy to talk to. I've never been the person to start a conversation or hold one. I stutter around other people but around her, I'm so comfortable. I'm me and I don't have to act like anyone else.

It's natural and easy to have a conversation with her. Which is so weir-

"Hello!?" Lyric snaps me out of my thought by yelling in my ear. I jump shocked at how loud it was.

I blush to remember my thoughts about her. I look at her with wide eyes. She looking at me with concern but also humor.

"S-sorry. I got lost in my thoughts. What were you saying?" I ask trying to ease my awkwardness.

"I was just asking if you were ok. You looked super deep in thought. I said your name 5 times. 5 freaking times Nolan. What were you thinking about?" She asks curiously.

I blush more and look at my hands in my lap, avoiding eye contact. I stutter out "N-Nothing. J-Just s-school an-and st-stuff."

"Hey hey calm down. It's ok. Why are you nervous, and I know you were not thinking about school." She said softly but sternly. "You know you can tell me anything."

I hesitantly look at her still blushing. Here's my chance! I can do this! Just tell her! "U-um I w-was won-wondering if i-i cou-could k-k-kiss you. Y-you don't have t-to s-ay ye-yes if y-you don't w-want to. I-I toa-totally understand i-if y-you don't w-wan-"

My rambling was cut off by her finger on my lips. I blush even more and my eyes go wide. "It's ok, Nolan. Of course, I want to kiss you. I kinda like you so I don't see why not." She removes her finger from my lips and stands up. She holds out her hand for me to grab. I grab her hand and she brings me up. I'm at least a foot taller than her.

"I-I've never k-kissed anyone before." I lower my head down in embarrassment and fiddle with my fingers "It's ok if you still don't want to."

Warmth presses my chin up. Her fingers feel good under my chin. "It's ok. I'll lead you on how to do it, okay?" I nod.

"O-okay. S-so how do we start?" I ask sounding nervous. It's so embarrassing. I wish I could be like one of those strong football jocks instead Lyric got stuck with the stuttering nerd. It must be embarrassing dragging me around.

"Just put your hands on my waist." I put my shaky hands on her waist. "I'll put my arms around your neck and on your cheeks. I might also play with your soft hair." She gives me a wink.

I blush as red as a tomato.

"Now I will lean forward and so will you so we will meet halfway in the middle." I do as she said. "When you kiss tilt your head and leave your mouth slightly agape." I again do as said. She suddenly slams her lips onto my lips.

I'm surprised but I slowly close my eyes move my lips with hers. Tingles running down my spine while butterflies go to my stomach.

I don't know when it went from innocent kiss to full-on make-out. I pull her body towards me wanting more and deepen the kiss. I feel like I'm getting the hang of this.

She moves her hands down my chest feeling my stomach probably looking for abs.

I subconsciously move my hands down her hip to her thighs and push them up to my waist wanting her closer to me. It feels awkward standing her like this so I follow what they do in books and press her back against the wall.

A few minutes later we break away for air and look into each other's eyes. Were both panting heavily and our lips are both swollen.

"You said that was your first kiss right?" She asks with confusion but awe in her voice.

"Y-yeah I did. Why?" I ask confused by what she meant.

"Your just really good at kissing. Where did you learn all this Mister-I-can-kiss?" she jumps down from my arms but keeps her arms around my neck.

"I guess from reading and my mom's always been giving me embarrassing advice from her romance books."

"Well you're a pro." she says taking her hands away and crossing her arms. "Probably one of the best I've ever had my whole life."

"Really? So you wouldn't mind if we did it again?" I ask slowly becoming a little nervous again.

"Of course. I was hoping you'd say that. My lips were on the verge of having a mind of their own." we laugh at her joke. We make out for a while.

When we break away from the air again. "I really like you Nolan and I have ever since the 8th grade," she confesses.

My eyes widen in surprise " really? I always thought you never noticed because I'm the geek and your the nice awesome popular girl."

"Yeah I have. I just I never thought you liked me and then Mrs. Mart made you tutor me and my dreams can true."

"But why would you choose me over some hot popular jock?"

"Because, Nolan. You are one of a kind and a hot jock doesn't compare to you. Your so sweet, caring, smart, and cute. Who needs a hot jock when I have an awesome boy in front of me."

And that's when my heart bloomed. I smiled a as big as the sun and blushed a little. "I've always liked you too. You were always so caring to everyone. You were always nice and would help. That's why I thought you were so out of my league."

"Never think I am out of your league okay? You are just as awesome as I am," she said reassuringly moving a piece of hair off my forehead.

"Okay. I'll try." I said giving in. "Can we make out again? My lips are getting cold." we laugh again and that is how the story just begins