chapter [16]

{Rune}

Needing to train outside sucked but my thoughts were somewhere else the whole time. Since Raven and I heard about the mysterious Falcon group member that had been spotted in London I could not think of anything else. In the whole world the group had been extinguished, at least the ones that were found. Like Raven said, it wasn't unlikely for some of them to be alive but I was certain it'd be almost impossible to find them because they were hiding. And now someone openly revealed their identity at a place where all eyes were on. The Falcon family had the most visible trait that showed others their origin... the purple eyes. It was something special that only the Falcon family inherited.

At the moment I was climbing up a tree being supposed to attack from above.

What if I could contact that man? He'd know a lot more for sure and maybe he was able to tell me about it. What did he want at the old headquarters? There had to be something there in London that got him to show himself there. If granny wasn't gonna help me I needed to somehow find that man... us family shoul protect each other, right?

I saw Kate coming my way with a gun in her hand and scanning her surroundings. The gun was a fake of course but it still hurt getting hit. Me and Ed where hiding but since I had to attack first I waited for the right moment.

I jumped down and made her fall before kicking her gun away and taking it instead to aim at her.
At the same time she jumped up while tripping me with her immense force in her legs. Now I was falling. She aimed her fist at me and I saw the perfect opportunity to take her down before that but that required super speed so I had to let her hit me.

The impact was light because it wasn't a real fight and Kate jumped up excidetly, her braids falling loosely on her shoulders.
However, the next second a blue colored bullet hit her chest when she realized that Ed was still in the trees with his beloved sniper gun.

"Oh come on, it's two vs one." She put her hand out to help me get up and I gladly took it.

"In game or a real fight you can always be surrounded by more enemies so defeating one requires you to keep focused." Jane suddenly landed on the forest ground next to us. I never knew that she was so close... I didn't see her at all. We nooded and waited for Ed to join us when the training was finally almost over.

"Where's Raven?" I asked wondering if he planned on randomly attacking us the next few seconds as another test.

"I'm right here." A shiver went down my neck when his voice came from right next to my ear. Since when was he behind me?!

"You weren't paying attention and the moment you chose to jump was too early. Your posture was off and you were to slow." He scolded and held his forehead.

"Hah, this is really embarrassing for me as your coach. I really thought I'd be able to scare you right now though. Guess you're not the jump scare type either." He actually seemed totally invested in the subject but I didn't like how he claimed to feel embarrassed because of me. I knew very well that I was too slow but the other things he said weren't even that bad... I just wanted to get this stupid game over with tomorrow and then find a way to go to London as soon as possible. Could I just drop out of Inoue? Maybe if I wasn't good enough on purpose... but I had to think about it a little more after the game.

{Raven}

I felt a little offended because Rune didn't show any reaction when I scared him like that but seeing his annoyed expression when being scolded was even better.

"Rave seriously... you're always so hard on him." Jane mumbled and rolled her eyes at Rune who grinned at her a little before she started talking to the other two about today's training and tomorrow's game.