Promise

-- Adora POV --

I'm so confused.

Why would Y/N save Glimmer and I after the events of Princess Prom?

I thought they would've just let it happen.

Glimmer was pacing around the room as I held the sword in hand.

"It doesn't make any sense!" She grunted.

"Why would a Horde soldier save us? And let us escape? Don't you think there was some other motive?"

Glimmer would glitch from time to time as she spoke as well, her body glowing red, her sparkles gone.

"I... I don't know. They did something similar at Princess Prom, but I'm not sure..." I scratched the back of my head.

"Adora. They PUNCHED Shadow Weaver. In. The. Face!"

"From what you've told us, nobody would have the guts to do something like that," she remarked.

"Wait, you're talking about Y/N? Like the Y/N?" I tilted my head in curiosity.

"Yeah! It was nuts. They got all angry and then ran up behind her and punched her right across the jaw!"

Y/N? Hitting Shadow Weaver? Huh. That's a first.

"They also did this glowy thing... but I was probably just hallucinating..." Glimmer mumbled.

"Wait, hold on," Bow hopped off the window cushion.

"You said they were glowing?"

Glimmer glitched again, the pain only lasting for a second.

"Yeah, but—"

"I saw that happen too!"

"I remember when we all were down in Salineas, when they hesitated? I saw a glow in their eyes for a second before it faded," he explained.

"Maybe they really did glow..." Glimmer put her hand on her chin.

Could that mean that they might have...

"Well, whatever the case, they hasn't actually done anything besides help, so why are they still on the Horde's side?"

"I'm not sure..." Bow replied.

You know...

Now that I think about it, why exactly are they still on their side?

Well, whatever the real reason may be, I have to have faith in them. After all, they did save us.

What caught me off guard was Catra, though...

--- FLASHBACK ---

"Glimmer? What's happening to you?"

"I don't know! I can't... teleport!"

The scraping of metal grinded our ears as we saw Catra approaching, looking mad.

The alarms were blaring too, putting her under a more menacing light.

"Catra..."

She growled, pointing the sword at us both, but after a tense moment of silence, she turned it around so that the handle faced us.

It was like she was trying to give it back.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, suspicious.