Chapter 5: Ochaco Visits the Midoriya's

The faint, familiar smell of home once again filled the air as Inko and her son walked through the hallway towards the front entrance of the Midoriya Apartment. The door creaked open as Inko briskly made her way in first, immediately beginning to unbuckle the uncomfortable heels that suffocated her feet for hours on end. Her son followed her inside, his mind swirling with fears as he too began to untie the bulky red shoes at his own feet. After just a few moments, the two stopped as they realized that the third person who had journeyed with them home had not appeared through the door.

Inko peered her head out of the doorframe, the scent of the outdoors taking over, as she looked down the hall to see the chocolate haired junior high graduate standing down the hallway. Her legs seemed to be shaking, her face still had a bit of a red afterglow to it, and she had begun nervously holding her own diploma close to her chest.

"Ochaco dear?" Inko called out to the girl. "What are you doing?"

"N-Nothing! J-Just enjoying the weather out here!" Ochaco called out nervously as she awkwardly smiled, looking out the opening of the hallway towards the view of the colorful city of Musutafu. "M-My apartment doesn't reach this high so, it's a pretty nice sight!"

Inko raised an eyebrow before sighing just a bit. It was clear this girl hadn't had much experience in visiting a friend's apartment, and probably much less experience visiting a boy's apartment nonetheless. Other measures needed to be taken.

"Don't take too long dear!" Inko called out before disappearing into the apartment once again. Inko turned towards her son, who was also shifting awkwardly staring down at his socks.

"Izuku, go out there and make her feel comfortable," Inko said as she turned to enter the kitchen. "She's losing to her inner fears out there."

"Eh?" Izuku managed to stutter out, barely hearing his mother over the void of his own fears swirling in his mind. Inko turned back towards her trembling son, an eyebrow raised.

"Izuku," Inko said sternly, refusing to allow her son to give in to his inner demons. "You had gotten yourself all handsome and prepared in case you saw that girl again. Now there she is just outside your doorstep and yet here you are shaking in your socks. You haven't said a word to her since we left the school. Here she is doing her best, coming along with us even when nervous. How do you expect to study with her when you can't even manage to get a word out?"

Izuku looked down in shame, feeling the guilt pile in his chest. His mother was right. It was no wonder Uraraka hadn't entered yet; He wasn't being a very good friend. Uraraka had told him beforehand she hadn't had many friends. Like himself, this was new for her. Izuku took a shaky breath before smiling nervously up at his mother.

"I-I'll be right back," Izuku said, sliding his shoes back on in haste. Inko smiled as she shook her head. He didn't even tie his shoes.

"I wonder what her favorite dessert is..." Inko began to wonder as she stepped into the kitchen.

* * *

Uraraka stared out into the city below, listening to the distant sounds of car horns in contrast to the gentle blowing sounds of the breeze. The girl groaned, lifting her arm as she pushed blowing hair out of her face and behind her ears. This wasn't how things were supposed to go. Granted, in some ways things had worked out much better than she had hoped. She did happen to run into Izuku, and she did happen to spend much more time with him than she had anticipated. That was a plus. Now if only she could actually get words out.

Uraraka had been much too nervous to say anything to Izuku or his mother. When she met Izuku yesterday, she felt perfectly fine. They started out rough, having dealt with the spikey blonde, but the rest of that day had been wonderful. It wasn't until she had gotten home that she had felt the butterflies in her stomach. She had repeatedly checked to see if Izuku had texted her, yet no text came from the emerald boy. It was only early that morning that she had decided to 'conveniently' run into the Aldera Junior High student. However, now that she was facing him yet again, the fluttering feeling in her stomach had only grown more intense. Yet, the boy had barely said anything to her.