9) Toby

October 27

   "Jack...Jack...Dammit Jack! What the hell is up with you?" Toby asked as I sat on a bench looking out into the forest.

   I forgot how I got here.

   I felt depressed.

   I wanted to die.

   I looked up at him and his eyebrows went down, looking worried for me.

   "What are you doing out here, bro? It's- it's two in the morning..."

   I didn't answer him, I just slumped down and rested my chin in my palm.

   I didn't answer him.

    Toby sat down with me, rubbing his hands together due to the cold misty weather.

   "You haven't been acting the same...usually you get over chicks so fast, like Kelly. Remember her? Remember how you used to simp hard for her? How you though she was perfect. Now you ignore her every time she talks to you in class."

   Who cares about Kelly.

   "Also, with what happened with Ms. Craw. You still haven't apologized to her. Lola has kept contact with her because she's curious too."

    "We barely even know Lola," I mumbled.

    "We barely know Apple, dude. I've been hanging out with Lola almost every day this month, she's really smart."

    "Lola doesn't even shower. She's gross."

    "Yeah well, I don't even care."

    "Do you love her?" I looked up at him.

    "I mean, I don't know about love-yet, maybe I do? She's really cute..."

    "Then you know how I feel," I told him. "Then you know how I feel about Apple."

   "Jeez dude, I mean, if she ghosted me I wouldn't be ignoring my friends and not doing my homework or studying. People come and go. That's life. Let's go inside now, it's cold..."

    I couldn't handle a single minute with Toby without feeling frustrated by him.

   I wish..he...was...smarter.

   My body felt hot and I began shaking with frustration. I clenched my fist.

   "DAMMIT TOBY, WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! APPLE ISN'T LIKE LOLA OR KELLY-SHE IS DIFFERENT!"

   "Keep your fucking voice down bro! Why are you so damn emotional all of a sudden!"

   "BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL GETTING IN MY WAY!"

    "Shut the fuck up, dude. People are sleeping!"

   "You know what-" I got up and began walking towards the dorm room.

    "Jack-Jack where are you going." He called after me.

   I went upstairs to our dorm, grabbed my backpack and started stuffing all my clothes into it.

   "Dammit, Jack. Just get some sleep and we'll deal with it in the morning-"

   "NO, I'm dropping out. I never wanted to be a fucking engineer in the first place- I'm leaving."

   "Just calm down..."

   "No, you calm down! Couldn't you see or are you too stupid to understand?" I turned around and looked back at him. "I only went into this field because I felt bad for you...because I knew you wouldn't be able to make other friends without me."

   I closed the door in his face and began marching down the hall.

   I felt this darkness take over my body I couldn't control.