Bonus chapter 17.

Her.

Peaceful, delightful week passed by and we got so many things done. 

Parents-teachers meetings, Adriano's karate competition, Tini's and Sofi's first round of ballroom dancing tournament, Emilio's and Lucas's swimming contest, Domenico's and Mateo's taekwondo competition. Launch of new makeup bundle and fragrances, opening of Leo's renewed hotel chain, numerous meetings and conferences. Mafia is like cherry on top for Leonardo, I help him as much as I can with paperwork and stocks.

Dat after my birthday we went on doctor's appointment and found out how far gone I am - today I am 4 weeks pregnant. But what made us beam with joy and thrill are our triplets. God, we were genuinely surprised, but delight and excitement washed over us immediately. 

We have never thought that we will enter our 34 with triplets on the way, but we couldn't be happier about this. Bambinos are buzzing with cheeriness and to say the least, they cannot wait to meet their siblings. Our triplets are due in April and we are yet to tell our relatives and media about the pregnancy.

Since I am bearing triplets, C-section is a must. Doctor prescribed me pregnancy vitamins and said that I can go on as I always did, which made me extra happy. I don't have nausea, headaches, swelling, exhaustion, hunger 24/7, mood swings whatsoever. I am very hyper, cheery, easy-going, cooperative and calm. So far I crave nectarines like crazy; I can easily eat 5+ nectarines in a day.

To say the least, Leo and I had no time for each other during that crazy week - cuddling and innocent kissing were as far as we could go. Once we were alone, we had no courage to do anything, except snuggle into each other and get much needed sleep. 

Today is September 9th, Wednesday, 9AM. 

Tini, Angelica, Ariana, Sofi, Lucas and Emilio are with uncles. They are hanging out in the centre, shopping and bonding nicely. Adriano, Domenico, Mateo and Maximiliano are with us because our eldest sons are going on a hike with their class and presence of a few parents was required by their class teacher - Signor Menses. Originally, we didn't plan to go, but boys immediately asked us to go once they learnt about the hike, so the two of us cleared up our schedules for the day. 

Leo is with our sons in the lounge and I am finishing up getting ready. Minimum of makeup and sporty outfit are musts. The weather is a bit chilly, unlike yesterday, so I wore cropped sweatshirt over my sport bra. I brushed my hair and left it loose for the day. Perfume on my neck and wrists. My jewellery is always on me, so I took my Apple Watch, which all of us have on, and headed out. 

"Mamma

"Mamma."- chirped Max as soon as his hazel eyes spotted me, causing me to smile. 

"How are my favourite men doing?"- I wondered, kissing Leo's cheek as my arms wrapped around his lean waist while he is holding our youngest son. 

"Awesomely, grazie mille. How are you, mamma?"- replied happily our eldest boys, hugging us affectionately. 

"I am great, grazie."- I replied contentedly, gently fixing Mateo's hair as a few strands of his pitch-black hair fell across his handsome face.